Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Match Day Thread.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Suarez unlucky not to score there

Suarez goal Enrique assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,107 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Suarez gets his goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Yes Suarez!!! Enrique assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Suarez unlucky not to score there

You had to do it...... Frack it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes Suarez!!! Enrique assist.

Ah Suarez. Fcuk you.

Enrique assist though, will gladly take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Got rid of enrique this week. It has become the norm for this to happen. Decent GW though, hoping for green arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Not sure if it's been a bad week or not for me, have 34 points (+ Walcott's assist if it's added) with Mata, Michu and RVP to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

49 with Michu & RVP to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would it be unrealistic to hope for Suarez bonus points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

For FFS
    I can't make a transfer to save my life.
    Took Suarez out and Tevez in and made Tevez captain and took a hit of 4 pts to do it. Well that worked well.

Almost as good as the week I bought Fellani for Walcott, Fellani gets a 3 match ban whilst since then Walcott has a goal and an assist.
    Nice swing of points there. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

CSF wrote: »
    Would it be unrealistic to hope for Suarez bonus points?
    Gerrard,Skrtel & Downing will most likely get the bonus

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gerrard,Skrtel & Downing will most likely get the bonus

Cant see Skrtel getting one. Apart from the goal, he barely touched the ball. Tis a toss up between Enrique and Suarez as to who gets the last bonus point imho. Gerrard has the 3 nailed on and Downing probably has the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

42 with RVP and Michu. Should get some bp's aswell hopefully.

Usually wouldnt be too happy but looking at my league and I've done better than nearly everyone there. Tevez and Aguero really hurt people this week.

Love it!!!

Was bouncing when that Suarez goal went in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

21 with 3 to play, RvP, Mata and Michu, who everyone has.

Fed up with this game, cant get a break at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

City didn't provide did fireworks people expected thankfully got something out of Capt Silva. 50 with RVP and Michu to play..

I don't like doubling up on goalkeeper/defender from same team but surely doubling up on the begovic and a stoke defender is essential at this stage considering all the clean sheets they are getting...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Thankfully Suarez scored in the end or it would have been another shocker of a week for me. He gets himself in to great positions but just doesn't have that killer instinct like Messi or RVP.

Sitting on 40 but I could potentially be out of the cup as the guy I drew has Downing and has a few to play tomorrow. I'll hopefully get a green arrow or two anyway.

42 with Michu, RVP and Rooney to play. Snodgrass on bench so Michu better score (in a 5-3 win for United).

Silva captain should be good for 2 bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

30 with michu, mata and hazard to play. Do well to break 45.

Feck this game anyway. All month I have been thinking about getting in players and deciding against it. Only for those players to have brilliant weeks: 10+
    This week I gave in and made changes.

Out:
    Fellaini
    Ben Arfa
    Fletcher

In:
    Duff
    Yaya
    Torres

Duff didn't start (not even on the subs bench??)
    Yaya only got 2 points
    Need Torres to rack up a huge score (12+) to break even transfer wise. Doubtful As it stands on -12 (-6 fletchers score - 8 transfer hit + 2 yaya score)

28 points (-8 stupid penalty) = 20 points with Ivanovic, Michu, Torres and RVP (C) to play.

Definitely out of the cup but thats probably a great thing.

Hopefully BPs from Shawcross, Begovic and Snodgrass to come (Stoke got a clean sheet but Shawcross didn't make the team of the week so may not get bonus points)

• Advertisement

q2ice wrote: »
    Feck this game anyway. All month I have been thinking about getting in players and deciding against it. Only for those players to have brilliant weeks: 10+
    This week I gave in and made changes.

Out:
    Fellaini
    Ben Arfa
    Fletcher

In:
    Duff
    Yaya
    Torres

Duff didn't start (not even on the subs bench??)
    Yaya only got 2 points
    Need Torres to rack up a huge score (12+) to break even transfer wise. Doubtful As it stands on -12 (-6 fletchers score - 8 transfer hit + 2 yaya score)

28 points (-8 stupid penalty) = 20 points with Ivanovic, Michu, Torres and RVP (C) to play.

Definitely out of the cup but thats probably a great thing.

Hopefully BPs from Shawcross, Begovic and Snodgrass to come (Stoke got a clean sheet but Shawcross didn't make the team of the week so may not get bonus points)

That should read:
    28 points (-8 stupid stupidity penalty) = 20 points with Ivanovic, Michu, Torres and RVP (C) to play.

I've taken two or three -4 hits over the season and it rarely seemed to work. Last 5 or 6 weeks, I've been more patient and made smarter free transfers, starting to make up ground on the leaders in my league slowly but surely. I agree with someone earlier in the season who said that taking hits is usually a terrible idea.

I was very tempted to ditch Suarez for Tevez today and take a hit but at least you know Suarez will play most matches for Liverpool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

no12 wrote: »

I don't like doubling up on goalkeeper/defender from same team but surely doubling up on the begovic and a stoke defender is essential at this stage considering all the clean sheets they are getting...

Both on the bench for me of course, Begovic is in every game home or away now.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Statisticians Opta on Twitter: "5 - No side have drawn 0-0 more often in the top five European Leagues this season than Stoke City (5). Snooze."

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/282536188798193664

Ive had a good month so far and that is thanks to stoke. :)

Mr Moon wrote: »

Unless you had no option, starting Stoke defenders against Spurs was a poor move IMHO.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Unless you had no option, starting Stoke defenders against Spurs was a poor move IMHO.

Why mate? I didn't buy into this 'Stoke have horrible fixtures' tbh. Not until City away in a few weeks at least.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Why mate? I didn't buy into this 'Stoke have horrible fixtures' tbh. Not until City away in a few weeks at least.

Everton, spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and city over the course of 6 fixtures is about as hard as you can get. That's on paper of course. Well see what Liverpool turn up next week.

Look at the bookies odds for a Stoke cleanie today. With Bale back, I fancied them to get something but thanks to an unbelievable performance from Begovic, they kept them out. That's life!

Santi101 wrote: »

Curious as to who you started in Defense and who on the bench?

I didnt even think about Begovic vs Jussi today, Begovic is an outstanding keeper. Should be at a top 4 club. I was watching Spurs last week vs Swansea and numerous other games at White Hart Lane and they seem to labour alot. They dominated that match but just nicked the win. Stoke are brilliantly organised, they are probably overly negative in an attacking sense and physical, not pretty to watch, but man they can defend as a unit.

I don't think Pool will win away to Stoke tbh, Southampton home is ok, City away is very hard but then I wouldnt see Stoke losing 4 or 5. Chelsea at home has draw potential for me. Barring injury/suspensions, I'll stick with Begovic & Shawcross all season I think.

• Advertisement

How I just got a green arrow ill never know. I'm thinking that as poorly as I did (8 point hit), a lot of people got burned by Tevez and Aguero captain. 918 in world.

Advertisement