Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Match Day Thread.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

25 with 4 to play. Cech,RVP (C),Mata and Michu.

If i get over 40 I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Santi101 wrote: »
    I didnt even think about Begovic vs Jussi today, Begovic is an outstanding keeper. Should be at a top 4 club. I was watching Spurs last week vs Swansea and numerous other games at White Hart Lane and they seem to labour alot. They dominated that match but just nicked the win. Stoke are brilliantly organised, they are probably overly negative in an attacking sense and physical, not pretty to watch, but man they can defend as a unit.

I don't think Pool will win away to Stoke tbh, Southampton home is ok, City away is very hard but then I wouldnt see Stoke losing 4 or 5. Chelsea at home has draw potential for me. Barring injury/suspensions, I'll stick with Begovic & Shawcross all season I think.

The best advice I gave myself this year but hadn't the balls to take was to get in Begovic, Huth and Cuellar to triple up on them. Ended up with just Huth.

I still think they will struggle to keep cleanies over the next 4 but after that, it's definitely a great idea to get Begovic and a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Curious as to who you started in Defense and who on the bench?

Sub: Clark(Villa) and Reid(W Ham) benched. Jussi too.

Clyne, Shawcross, Bassong in defence. Begovic in goal.

Thought Clyne could get a cleansheet today and possible assist potential. Didnt pan out. Same for Bassong, he has been gold for me after getting him in 6 weeks ago but think its nearly time to move him on with some hard games to come.

Suppose it's probably not a big decision to play Shawcross with my defensive options but I wouldnt swap him for some higher priced lads at top 4 clubs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Cameron is another with super value at his current price imo. Not a fashionable name but the pts speak for themselves.

I cant touch him with Shawcross and Begovic already but he's good value all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

km79 wrote: »
    Begovic on the bench again:( jussi instead. Think ill just stick with Begovic for every game from now on

Same! Very tough to guess which one to play, at least with Jussi out our decision is easy next week. Thought I had captained RVP but it appears I somehow gave it to Tevez, hopefully I don't live to regret that... Glad I went with Silva over Yaya as my Fellaini replacement though.

Up to 1,991st with Michu and RVP to play, could do with quiet games from the United frontline!

Anyone know the extent of Rafaels injury? Struggling to figure out what to do with my trasnfer for next week, strongly thinking of doing Cazorla -> Mata or Tevez -> Torres but if Rafael is out for a while I might need to do him.

Mata due to go up tonight along with Toure, Benteke, RVP and Torres.

Rafael, Suarez and Fellaini all to drop in value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

47 points with Rooney and Hazard playing tomorrow.
    Not bad, all thanks to Liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

32 with only RVP and Michu to play, most poeple have them and or a couple of chelsea players so i expect red arrows all round.

like a lot here i went for the home keeper between jussi/begovic which cost me 6 points.

opted for mc cauley at home over mertesacker costing me another 4 (mc cauley nearly scored)

switched captain from silva to cazorla around 11am yesterday because i wasn't certain silva would play, that cost me another 3 points, possibly 1 or 2 more if silva gets BP's.

those 13 points woulda been very welcome! as we the 3 points for Baines assist if it hadn't been for an incompetent linesman.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

-6 here in Krakow. Big coat, mulled wine and United on in the Irish bar. Will be cheering United (and Michu) on. Hoping to confuse the sh!te out of the locals like 2 years ago. Cheering on Andy Carroll but hating on Suarez :p

-6 here in Krakow. Big coat, mulled wine and United on in the Irish bar. Will be cheering United (and Michu) on. Hoping to confuse the sh!te out of the locals like 2 years ago. Cheering on Andy Carroll but hating on Suarez :p

Nice. I'm back in Ireland for my yearly visit this week. I'm struggling in 6 degrees let alone -6!

Hoping for a 3-2 United victory with Michu getting a brace and Rooney/RVP inexplicably having nothing to do with any goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

23 to play with Michu and RVP. How I've only dropped 10k places in the world and 20 places in the Boards league is a minor miracle.

Next week I think I'm going to decide between Jussi and Begovic by going with the harder fixture on paper, because doing it the conventional way has really fùcked me over the last several weeks.

• Advertisement

23 to play with Michu and RVP. How I've only dropped 10k places in the world and 20 places in the Boards league is a minor miracle.

Next week I think I'm going to decide between Jussi and Begovic by going with the harder fixture on paper, because doing it the conventional way has really fùcked me over the last several weeks.

Well Jussi's game has been called off so I guess that would count as the hardest fixture :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,897 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

57 with Rooney and michu to play
    3 stoke at the back really paying off lately
    Capt Suarez and Enrique
    No doubt more bonus for shawcross also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,897 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

57 with Rooney and michu to play
    3 stoke at the back really paying off lately
    Capt Suarez and Enrique
    No doubt more bonus for shawcross also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

44 with Michu, RVP & Hazard (C) to go.

Getting Pienaar in for Fellaini worked an absolute charm.

24 points with RVP (C), Mata and Michu still to play. Not going to be a great week and should get dumped out of the cup, but swings and roundabouts and all that.

Only player I'm worried about today is Mata. I'm waiting until after today's games and if he plays well I'll consider getting him in for Cazorla. Don't want him to play too well though! Think Tevez -> Torres is probably the safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

At this stage it doesn't really bother me how michu does, 'cause I know everyone else of worth has him. Some weeks I'm actually cheering against him because some people will have him captained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

roryc wrote: »
    Only player I'm worried about today is Mata. I'm waiting until after today's games and if he plays well I'll consider getting him in for Cazorla. Don't want him to play too well though! Think Tevez -> Torres is probably the safer bet.

I already got Torres in last night, I think he has something to prove over the next few matches, before the transfer window opens.

If he doesn't play well I can get Falcao in in a few weeks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Swansea team v Man Utd: Vorm; Tiendalli, Chico, Williams, Davies; Britton, Augustein, De Guzman, Dyer, Routledge; Michu

Man Utd team v Swansea : De Gea; Jones, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, Van Persie #ssn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

My 3 defenders and keeper got me 31 points yesterday. Most ever for me. If cap RVP can get a goal or two today i should have a very good week. Michu and Benteke to play too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

6 - Robin van Persie is the top scoring player on a Sunday in the Premier League this season with six goals. Blessed.
    A good omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

S.M.B. wrote: »
    A good omen.
    half of those were in 1 game though weren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Evra goal from corner
    RVP assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

RVP assist!

Woop Woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

with Rafael out, I would love a Michu goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

S.M.B. wrote: »
    RVP assist!

Woop Woop!

Just need 3 goals from him now and it'll be grand!

Michu goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭SickBoy

q2ice wrote: »
    Michu goal

Chu Chu....

No assist, I think....

De Guzman shot was saved and rebound landed to Michu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gwan the Michu