Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite city centre toilet

Options
  • 22-12-2012 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

You know the scenario...it's kinda like Neo in the Matrix where you need an 'escape' telephone whenever the 'agents' make their presence known...you're ambling around town and need to find a toilet fairly pronto but without having to sit and eat or buy something from the same establishment. Where do you go?

Debenhams (1st floor), GBC and Kings Head work for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Are you for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

TK Max, McDonalds, King's Head

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

The Great Southern aka the Meyrick Hotel, Eyre Square. Magnificent facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bit out of the way but you can't beat the Radisson

If you're bothered about walking through reception past the staff all you do is walk through the car park and it brings up to there.
    You don't meet a single person on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Garynev

The skeff works for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I'm a fan of Lynch's Cafe myself, Kings Head is nice for a quick entrance/exit strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The Skeff or King's Head depending what side of town I am.

But if they're really busy, the Eyre Square toilets are always a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It's almost unanimous with regards the Skeff and the Kings Head. I would have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

My house (no, you're not invited!).

Failing that, Tig Coilis ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Interesting...I must try the Skeff but I have to say the Meyrick and even Radisson intrigue me. I would say the Radisson could be ideal when you need a nice peaceful relaxing (or noisy) dump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That's it lads, bring the only safe poophouses to the attention of all and sundry on the internet.

You better shtock up on the oul Senokot cause when it goes back up the shaft next time you're wandering around town and denied entry to all the places listed above, you'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Upstairs Skeff have lovely facilities. Mad props for proper hand-driers.

Park house.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GBC is my go to, Elle's if I'm further down shop street, Supermac's if I'm desperate and train station if I'm waiting on a bus around there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

Ahh sure Galway isn`t it just one big to! let

Cultural capital my wet wipes

Mars Bar wrote: »
    train station if I'm waiting on a bus around there.

That's dangerous territory, my friend. That's KD turf...

That's dangerous territory, my friend. That's KD turf...

A woman's gotta go when a woman's gotta go, KD or no KD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You think KD doesn't know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

****ermacs, eyre square

You think KD doesn't know that?

True.

I've never seen him around there to be honest...

• Advertisement

It's almost unanimous with regards the Skeff and the Kings Head. I would have to agree.

Tried out the Skeff yesterday afternoon for an important hangover evacuation. Good spot even though took me a while to find the toilet upstairs. I am a Galwegian and yet have rarely been inside the Skeff.

Have to add that their carvery looked and smelled very nice. Must give it a try some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Good call on the Park House Hotel!

kraggy wrote: »
    That's it lads, bring the only safe poophouses to the attention of all and sundry on the internet.

You better shtock up on the oul Senokot cause when it goes back up the shaft next time you're wandering around town and denied entry to all the places listed above, you'll need it.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm assuming this is sarcasm???

I doubt it: if you know of a good free resource, then splashing it on the interwebs is one of the best ways to have it used up ... or in this case, for it to get nasty "Customers only" signs and a grumpy staff member keeping a strict eye on the access route.

I doubt it: if you know of a good free resource, then splashing it on the interwebs is one of the best ways to have it used up ... or in this case, for it to get nasty "Customers only" signs and a grumpy staff member keeping a strict eye on the access route.

Doubtful in most of the above mentioned cases though, with the exception of the cafe's I'd say. 'Customers Only' signs would work perhaps for visitors to Galway but considering the size of Galway I'd consider myself a customer to most of these places, a silly sign wouldn't stop me from using them. If you look like a local, the staff aren't going to be interested at all (I'd imagine if they are keeping a strict eye on the door its for 'minority' members of society and not for someone looking for a toilet).

Of course there are exceptions but I don't for a second believe these being on the interweb is going to lead to their access being compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Third tree on the left down from the Hooker monument

mayotom wrote: »
    Third tree on the left down from the Hooker monument

And here was me blaming the local dogs when I stepped in a fresh biscuit yesterday... It's going to take ages to get it all off my boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Excellent choice of thread OP. Has to be upstairs in the Skeff. Well appointed and spacious. Quality fittings.

Brilliant location if one is passing through town and has the brown dog barking at the back door.

Got caught short on Christmas Eve doing some last minute Christmas shopping. Straight up the stairs, opened the bomb doors, massive evacuation and all was good in my world.

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Excellent choice of thread OP. Has to be upstairs in the Skeff. Well appointed and spacious. Quality fittings.

Brilliant location if one is passing through town and has the brown dog barking at the back door.

Got caught short on Christmas Eve doing some last minute Christmas shopping. Straight up the stairs, opened the bomb doors, massive evacuation and all was good in my world.

Amen.

I'd know, I had to plunge the f*cker.

• Advertisement

aramush wrote: »
    I'd know, I had to plunge the f*cker.

Kinky!

Advertisement