Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melted battery

Options
  • 22-12-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

So, I noticed white powder residue covering the seams of the battery on the back of my 360 controller. I opened it up and one of the batteries inside had melted. Dired powder now completely covers the inside of the battery holder.

Is this common? A problem with the battery or controller? I've tried to clean it as much as possible but the powder is really caked on and is hard to get off. I'm a bit apprehensive to insert new batteries to test it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What kind of batterys were they? Cheap pound shop efforts may well be to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Nah, Duracell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

get one these 3800mAh-Battery-Pack-for-xBox-360.jpg&sa=X&ei=sq3VUPjzMYnJhAer8oHQBQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHDL4sfqxXvJuO4bVtd0JBRKyfpCg

Do they come in different colours? I've got the Halo Reach bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

xbox360_4800mah_battery_pack_chargeable_cable.png

• Advertisement

Cheers. So, it was probably the batteries and not the controller so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Yep. I got the powder before(Duracell) but not so much so that it became caked but it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

They save you a fortune in the long run, you can charge battery and play at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Ring Xbox support and see if your console is still in warranty. Controllers included with console are covered by warranty. Warranty in Ireland for Xbox is two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The battery leaked, how long was it since you had used it????? Use some vodka or other spirits without color or sugars etc to clean the contacts and it will be fine, any device that uses batteries that is left for prolonged periods without use should have the batteries removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement