Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS250 Alarm problem

Options
  • 22-12-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

After a power cut, my alarm is out. The main panel has none of the LEDs lit and displays "CS-XXX Keypad v1.5". It is completely unresponsive to codes.

The main panel has a red light flashing on the main circuit board.

I tried to reset by shutting the main power off view the fuse box. The red light stopped flashing after switching the power off. Then I turned it back on, the alarm sounded for about 30 seconds before fading out.

Any ideas? Is it the battery? I never saw any low battery indicators.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Langerland wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

After a power cut, my alarm is out. The main panel has none of the LEDs lit and displays "CS-XXX Keypad v1.5". It is completely unresponsive to codes.

The main panel has a red light flashing on the main circuit board.

I tried to reset by shutting the main power off view the fuse box. The red light stopped flashing after switching the power off. Then I turned it back on, the alarm sounded for about 30 seconds before fading out.

Any ideas? Is it the battery? I never saw any low battery indicators.

Thanks

Maybe mods move this to alarm and security section for you
    Great lads there and quicker response

Op try 01122
    Factory code
    You could also disconnect the battery and the mains power
    Then power up using mains power only
    See does it take your code then

After that I'm lost sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Try learn the keypad back into the system .
    Press "no" & "#" keys together

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you get this sorted?
    Both the ideas above would be the first things to try. Also with Tbs suggestion hold in the no & # keys for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Just got to try disconnecting the battery also today and it worked. I guess now I'll try re start with battery also and see if things are good. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

get a battery fault after reconnecting so I assume I just need to replace this. Any ideas of where to best source this? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Any electrical wholesaler will sell them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Langerland wrote: »
    get a battery fault after reconnecting so I assume I just need to replace this. Any ideas of where to best source this? Thanks.
    Take a look at the sticky here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

Advertisement