Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Options
  • 22-12-2012 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

It's been a rough year. Not feeling any of the Christmas joy this year.

Spending today making mince pies, festive chocolate bark and ginger syrup (for gingerbread lattes).

Any suggestions for brightening up our Christmas? It's just the two of us.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I always find heading to a Christmas market or taking a walk around looking at everyone's lights and trees makes me feel very festive.
    So does having Christmas FM on the radio.
    And snuggling up with a box of chocolates and watching a good Christmas film like Home Alone or Elf puts me in good form anyway. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Go for a nice stroll through Malahide Castle and then get a bite to eat in The Avoca Shop in the castle (now run by Shannon Herritige).

The food out there in the resteraunt is amazing indeed.

http://www.malahidecastleandgardens.ie/

Then come home and watch a good film.

Die Hard 2 is on Channel 4 tonight...good Christmas action film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Father Ted Christmas special is starting at 10pm on More4 - I know it's been on countless times but it always cheers me up and gives me a chuckle :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What channel is Xmas Fm Posy? Was driving in the car today for about 2 hours and there was feic all Xmas music on any side I tried. I remembered Boardsies mentionning Xmas FM but alas didn't search for it whilst driving.

/nevermindgoogleismyfriend ;)

I find just walking about town even though understandably you may not feel like doing so, but, the buzz of it all can draw you in.

Advertisement