Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you share your gundog ?

• 22-12-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks, With a young family, I not hunting as much as other years.
    Does anyone share their gundog ? does it work ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

how do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭corco2000

I wouldnt trust anyone else. Your dog wont be the same. 'one man and his dog'. My dogs wont listen to anyone else but me. Plus, other maybe be too soft/harsh teach them bad habits etc...If you dont have time for working dog best for you and dog to maybe find a new working home. All working dogs want to do is work they are at their happiest. If dog is in run or garden all the time they wont be happy! I know that sounds tough but imagine your dog out working every other day how happy they'd be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭jaksnipe

2 m8s of mine share a setter. works for them. dont think i,d do it myself tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

My GSP lives with my Dad because I work long hours
    The Neighbours walk her every day...

Works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kells1

I think It totally depends on the dog and more importantly how well the dog is trained. I also feel that the more experienced a dog is the less chance you have of problems developing. I definately wouldnt advise you buy or share a dog with less than 3 seasons work done if you want it to be a success especially if you have no experience training dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Shoot2kill

I would second the fact that it all depends on the dog. My dogs won't work for anyone but me, my old man took 2 of the springers away at birds a few weeks back and they wouldn't do a scratch for him. I was secretly delighted :)

Advertisement