Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project 52

• 22-12-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

so a year ago (nearly) i created the group project 52 for boardsies. had 15 members, and with only a week and a half left to go, the only ones still standing are myself & jaansu :p

so with that said.........who is up for doing project 52 next year? :D
    only one pic per week! easier than project 365.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/project52boardsie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Looking into some kind of project for next year
    my 365 iphone one is drawing to a close,

I want to do something with my real camera
    a 52 project is appealing,
    I might also do a monthly one on the same theme or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Im on for it. Any specific theme or criteria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

no, just whatever floats your boat.
    themes are fun, but i could never decide on one.

if you've any ideas, do lay em out on the table! :)

Its a tough one. A theme could be great fun but could also be pretty tough to keep up throughout a whole year. Sure just one good strong photo a week sounds just fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Posted last pic tonight.

I would recommend doing it, if for no other reason it forces you to go out and use your camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Well done lads, I started it but forgot about it half way :( Ill try again this time I think :)

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Well done lads, I started it but forgot about it half way :( Ill try again this time I think :)

ye better!! lol :D
    you've no excuse now that you have the big stopper :P

ye better!! lol :D
    you've no excuse now that you have the big stopper :P

True that, big stopper everything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

This sounds interesting. Might be up for this, as long as on weeks where time is tight I can use camera phone pic's. It would be a good excuse to get out once a week with the camera though.

How do interested parties group their images? is there a flickr group or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

I'd be interested in this too please, need something to focus me more!

• Advertisement

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    This sounds interesting. Might be up for this, as long as on weeks where time is tight I can use camera phone pic's. It would be a good excuse to get out once a week with the camera though.

How do interested parties group their images? is there a flickr group or something?

the link is in my OP. if you use flickr, you just add your weekly picture to the group. you can use whatever camera you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

awesome, Thanks! Looking forward to this.

project 52 can start today if you wish, so if anyone is thinking of joining up, please do! :D

Can we upload it on varying days of the week if necessary :) Pretty Please :)

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Can we upload it on varying days of the week if necessary :) Pretty Please :)

yea of course, it's set so that it's possible to upload one photo per day.. so that you can upload a pic on whatever day of the week for your weekly pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi All,

Just joined up on Flickr and will try and get one per week up there. Any encouragement to delve into the bag of tricks is a good idea!

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I've joined in. 1 down, 51 to go :)

Likewise, just about got in there in time. Did a shoot earlier in the week and just had to wait to get the thumbs up that the shots were ok to post. Just in the nick of time too.

Now to think about what to do next week :p

Tiny bit late for week 1, but it's in which is the main thing. Must try and be more punctual from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

Would like to join also. A bit late but pic taken in time for week one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

Joined the group Will upload a shot from last week

week 2 done. This is great.

I'm up to week 5 now, just uploaded it. Also left a few comments on some of the other contributions to the pool there. Keep them coming folks.

Its a great idea alright. A few times over the past few weeks its got to Friday and I hadnt shot anything so then start thinking crap I have to do something for Project 52, where I might otherwise not have bothered. Any excuse to get out and shoot more is all good with me.

Ill be delayed putting up the next two weeks pics, heading transatlantic so hopefully ill get a few interesting ones to add

Splinters wrote: »
    Its a great idea alright. A few times over the past few weeks its got to Friday and I hadnt shot anything so then start thinking crap I have to do something for Project 52, where I might otherwise not have bothered. Any excuse to get out and shoot more is all good with me.

i tend to look back on a week, and pic something i liked a lot, and then edit the title and add it to the group/set. a few times i've nearly forgotten.. but you tend to get into a rhythm after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

can I join now or too late?

dinneenp wrote: »
    can I join now or too late?

of course you can join! just start this week as your week one, and continue until beginning of feb next year! the group will be a continuous thing, as i'm sure people will want to come & go and start at different times of the year.

Advertisement