Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas ram/piston

• 22-12-2012 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hello, have a breakbarrel springer 22 that i want to put a gas ram into.

anyone know where to get one. thanks.

it's an ares magnum 22, same as most the gamo breakers and kral breakers.

thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Probably better off to just go out and buy a HW90 or similar and be done with it.

Trade in what you have against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭slug gun

You might try BAR, they have struts for about £65, and easy enough to fit, (I'd always recommend the use of a spring compressor). Can't tell you how successful the result will be though...you could pick up an original Theoben, HW90 (as suggested) or the new BSA SE GRT...they all have rams as their original power plant. I used to shoot a Scirocco and it was nice, but personally I prefer a well tuned/lubed and original springer!;)

If you do swap out to a strut, you should get a firing cycle that is linear, no torque, quieter and can be cocked for longer periods, but...use a Dampa mount or similar as the cycle can be harsh on scopes.

Advertisement