Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    He is inside the shark lolololololol

And your one is too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    And your one is too :)

What's the human centipede about. That's on next.

No time for that, off to do some research on Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

You don't want to watch!!!

Crazy doctor captures 3 hitchhikers & attempts to combine their bodies into a centipede, one mouth at the front, then connecting butt to mouth all the way back so one eats and the last one poops...pleasant viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Guys

Looking for your help/ a miracle.

I have flights booked for the whole family (3 young kids) to go to faro for two weeks (17th to the 31st Aug)
    Long story short the accommodation deal is turning sour and I need a plan B.

With only a week to arrange accommodation at peak time its not exactly easy to find something suitable and affordable. Originally we were looking for a private villa.

Anyone knows someone who know someone that could help out?
    I know it's a long shot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Guys

I have flights booked for the whole family (3 young kids) to go to faro for two weeks (17th to the 31st Aug)

With only a week to arrange accommodation at peak time its not exactly easy to find something suitable and affordable. Originally we were looking for a private villa.

How about this for €113 a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Guys

2 suggestions. 1. Check out holidayhomesdirect.ie . There seems to be availability and most owners are Irish so getting keys organized should be straight forward.

2. On Monday call oceanico. They manage 1000s of apartments over there and should be able to accommodate you..

To RVP or not to RVP, that is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

To RVP or not to RVP, that is the question

Ha thats wrecking everyones head at the moment.

My opinion is that Swansea will be tough season opener for Utd and at most he'll get one goal! Likelyhood that if Utd are comfortable he will be taken off after 60 mins to preserve him for the tough run!!

I am taking a gamble on Lukaku cause I reckon Mourinho is going to go for the Drogba style football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

ken wrote: »
    How many out of 17 do you recognise.
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/golf-course-annoying-people/

The 17 types of people you meet on the golf course

Off topic fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Couldn't think where else to put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

ken wrote: »
    Couldn't think where else to put it.

Start a new thread?.

Ee9OaN3.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jazuz!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Jazuz!

I'd murder a Big Mac now...

Fair play to the driver for putting the hazard lights on as they watched a massive boulder approaching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

The "Trap" door has opened and he is gone. Caio.

The "Trap" door has opened and he is gone. Caio.

Who do people think will be the next manager and who would you like it to be?

Martin O Neill 4/5 favourite followed by Mick McCarthy at 8/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ssbob wrote: »
    Who do people think will be the next manager and who would you like it to be?

Martin O Neill 4/5 favourite followed by Mick McCarthy at 8/1.

I'd rather Mick than Martin.

Only reason Mick will not get job is Roy Keane affair. I'd love if we could get over that, but will just be in the background all the time.

Only reason Mick will not get job is Roy Keane affair. I'd love if we could get over that, but will just be in the background all the time.

I would say thats a non-issue now. I would like to see him come back but at the same time it is wrong to go backwards in life isn't it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I hope martin O'neill doesn't get it - too good a club manager.

Joe Kinnear should get it!!!!! (or at least get him out of newcastle again!!):D:p

• Advertisement

Surprised not to have heard Tony Pulis' name thrown about. He wasn't even listed on PP.

I'd have MO'N just ahead of him as my preferred top two.

Pulis might be a bit too like Trap for some, but I think he could build on some of Traps positives and add that little bit extra to them.
    Like it or not, we are more Stoke than Barca, and he did a very good job there.

Like it or not, we are more Stoke than Barca

Surely thats a style of football which is down to the manager, teams with average personnell can still play attractive football I would argue! Examples of which over the past couple of seasons would be Blackpool, Swansea, Wigan & Arsenal:D

If we could be as aggresive as we were under Jack "Put em under Pressure" and use the wings like we did under Micko then I think we would be a match for most teams in International football bar the top 6/8 teams!

Surely thats a style of football which is down to the manager, teams with average personnell can still play attractive football I would argue! Examples of which over the past couple of seasons would be Blackpool, Swansea, Wigan & Arsenal:D

If we could be as aggresive as we were under Jack "Put em under Pressure" and use the wings like we did under Micko then I think we would be a match for most teams in International football bar the top 6/8 teams!

Swansea and Wigan are average teams with the unique characteristic that they have enough proper footballers to play an attractive style.
    They are the exception to the rule in terms of average teams.
    For every Swansea, there are numerous Blackburns, Stokes, QPR's etc etc

Yes it does require a manager, a chairman etc to impart a footballing philosophy upon the club but they don't just do it overnight and they aren't confined to a specific pool of players or a limited time frame like international football.

If you put Martinez, Rogers, Laudrup in charge of the Irish team in the morning, the first thing they'd probably do is bring Wes into the team and try to get Gibson back involved (him being slightly more comfortable on the ball than most options in CM).
    They would probably drop Walters from RM and bring in Brady.
    But then they would take stock and realise that there aren't enough footballers in the team to play an attractive style as they could do with Swansea/Wigan.
    So I fully believe that they like Trap would focus on making them hard to beat, the difference would be that they'd give more freedom to the players but it'd be far more confined than the freedom they gave to players at Swansea & Wigan.

Most of the players don't play an attractive style of play with their clubs. The English league is poor in fairness in terms of attractive football, you're not going to get them playing it when you have them sporadically for 4-6 weeks every year.

I wouldn't have faith that the vast majority of the squad could play an attractive style of football.
    Yes, they're all average players, but they are elevated to average-ness by being above average in areas such as work rate, determination, attitude etc.
    They are way below average in terms of skill and footballing intelligence when brought to the international level.
    For Ireland to play an attractive style of football like Swansea or Wigan, it would mean us playing to our weakness.

Yes, they're all professionals that can pass a ball, but doing that in an international and doing it right is not an easy thing.

I'm not defending Trap by the way, I stopped going to the matches after the Euros, and last night was the first Irish match I've never watched.
    I couldn't stand watching a team under him any more.
    But I still think he was doing 70% of what he should have been doing.
    Making us hard to beat was number one and overall (barring this campaign) he did a good job of that..
    I just couldn't watch Simon Cox or Connor Sammon warm up and come on again.
    He could have started the same team as he did, and if he brought on Brady in RM and Wes H on, then I'd be happy to watch that.
    The problem for me was, that he was never going to do that.

Bit of a long response....Ooopps, I find it hard not to get into it

Bit of a long response....Ooopps, I find it hard not to get into it

Your trying to baffle me with Waffle:D

This is a convo for another time AJ I think rather than on here but what I would say is that I understand a philiosphy takes time but we've got time now, at least a year before another campaign starts.

Also agree that Trap provided stability and organisation but with that brought stubbornness, ignorance and poor man management.

I am just sorry for the likes of Richie Dunne, John O Shea, Kevin Doyle and players like that who will probably never play in a World Cup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If MON wants the job he'll get it but don't think for one second everyone will be happy. Plenty of lads on the soccer forum will tell you he's not this super manager everyone makes him out to be. They know a lot more than I do about football but he didn't set the clubs alight after what were fairly decent starts.

MON may not be a super tactical manager but one things for he is a great man manager which is what we need with personnel who are just not good enough.

We have fallen into the mentality of the English by hyping up our own players.

McLean and McCarthy were the supposed saviours of Irish football but truth be told they are average players.
    Long is a brain dead work horse.
    We have nobody even near the calibre of given in goal anymore.

I honestly don't know where goals are going to come from once Keane retires!

We can't afford a top top manager.

Give O'neill the job and let's see can he get the best out of a bang average team to improve our coefficient in the seedlings in the hope we somehow an age to improve over the coming years.

My fear is we are facing many years in the doom and gloom we feel now.

The biggest travesty of this whole saga is the fact that John Delaney is still in his position as head of the FAI. The man is a disgrace and football in this country from grass roots all the way to the national side will remain the same as long as he is in charge.

But let's not get into that sure isn't he a great fella buying pints for fans in Poland locked with his tie on his head!!!!!

Never mind the fact the money he was spending probably came from selling tickets to touts!!!!!

Your trying to baffle me with Waffle:D

This is a convo for another time AJ I think rather than on here but what I would say is that I understand a philiosphy takes time but we've got time now, at least a year before another campaign starts.

Also agree that Trap provided stability and organisation but with that brought stubbornness, ignorance and poor man management.

I am just sorry for the likes of Richie Dunne, John O Shea, Kevin Doyle and players like that who will probably never play in a World Cup.

We have a year till the next one starts, but how many days will the new manager have with players in that time... not enough, a couple of weeks.

Bringing in an attractive style of play is a bottom up approach, you teach the 5,6,7 years olds it for 10 years as they do in Holland and then it becomes easy for an international manager, in time.
    France and more recently Spain & Germany have succeeded with this, but it started a long long time ago. It wasn't as a result of a fantastic manager being brought in to play expansive football, it was from the grass roots up.

England are only making inroads into this of late, they have a pick of top class managers, far better players, but are not a footballing team.
    They may be in 5-6 years but it will take time, and I doubt it will ever be as successful as other countries as the Premier League has too much power there. Their Football Association does not control the premier league, thus does not control the youth coming through.

Unlike Ze German FA who dictated what the clubs had to do with their youth academies, for the greater good of the national team.
    The English FA don't have the power to do this, that's why you'll see the Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc youth teams with as many foreigners as the first team. What is good for the club and league is not good for the country.

Ok, I've been to the Liam Brady school of waffle.... Agreed, off topic but too big a topic for the off topic thread! :o

This is exactly my point on Delaney AJ. As long as he is there things will not change in the way we develop at grass roots level.

Look at what Belgium are producing these days. They changed the way the did everything in 2002 and now they have put together a world class team with players playing for top clubs.

It starts at grass roots and coaching the kids.

Delaney makes zero effort or has no vision or drive to make anything happen.

In Belgium I think it was just one bloke in charge who made the decision to change everything on his own!

That's what we need. Forget the next euros and next World Cup.

It's 2022 we need to have everything in order for now.

We are getting left light years behind in the coefficient seedings the longer we don't address the big issue. This will make it impossible in future to qualify with such strong teams in our groups.

Delaney is a cancer in Irish football!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I would say thats a non-issue now. I would like to see him come back but at the same time it is wrong to go backwards in life isn't it?

With the 3 key players (Delaney, Keane, McCarthy) part of this new manager running, always going to an issue.
    They had to say on Newstalk the other day , that they would read no texts talking about above. So , even though it should be forgotten about, won't be.

Mick has done very well at small clubs with limited resources, that is the Ireland job. We just dont have that 2 or 3 players of the decade we always have had , Giles, Brady, McGrath, Keane, Duff, Keane.

Trap did very well away from home, was just unable to change when needed. But, he should have got us out of what we can now see was a poor group.

I think this call from Dunphy for fancy Football is daft. We don't have the squad.

So the next man will be back to the trap plan.

ForeRight is right, Delaney must go too.
    He acted quick here as he knows the knives are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Fergie is gone but nothing changes at Scumchester.....terrible decision by the officials

Advertisement