Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I always thought if you bought something off the internet which was second hand & from another country it was exempt from import duty / taxes. How damm wrong was I?!!

You thought wrong ha, what made you think that? Excise is charged based on the value of the item in Ireland no matter if you got it for free or for €500!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I always thought if you bought something off the internet which was second hand & from another country it was exempt from import duty / taxes. How damm wrong was I?!!

two shipments this week from US. one a driver (not for me :( ) $479 - came via DHL - - no Duty

a GPS watch €125 (inc postage) through USPS / An Post registered mail €28 duty

where is the logic???? how do they even calculate the duty. the watch was marked as value €119 on the outside of package

stevieob wrote: »
    two shipments this week from US. one a driver (not for me :( ) $479 - came via DHL - - no Duty

a GPS watch €125 (inc postage) through USPS / An Post registered mail €28 duty

where is the logic???? how do they even calculate the duty. the watch was marked as value €119 on the outside of package

The logic is they don't check absolutely everything, they don't have the manpower to do it. Value is determined by them not whats written on the package

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

how they worked out my €62.44 is beyond me as well. Package came via Fed Ex.

ssbob wrote: »
    Value is determined by them not whats written on the package

i could understand that if they knew what was in the box. it was unopened and no detailed description on package

remainder of golf / clothing order coming through in multiple shipments so will be interesting to see how many of them get checked!!

• Advertisement

i could understand that if they knew what was in the box. it was unopened and no detailed description on package

remainder of golf / clothing order coming through in multiple shipments so will be interesting to see how many of them get checked!!

X-ray!

ssbob wrote: »
    X-ray!

don't buy that.

EG. a watch looks like a watch. gps watches vary in price range from €50 to maybe €400 - €500. there is no way an x-ray can spot that.

ps I'm not giving out, I took it on the chin and paid over the dosh, I was expecting to. I'm just playing devils advocate on the issue ;)

don't buy that.

EG. a watch looks like a watch. gps watches vary in price range from €50 to maybe €400 - €500. there is no way an x-ray can spot that.

ps I'm not giving out, I took it on the chin and paid over the dosh, I was expecting to. I'm just playing devils advocate on the issue ;)

I'd love to have a job in customs, see some ridiculous sh1t I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thinking a trip to the range might be in order, I'd rather partake in aimlessly hitting balls a few hundred yards rather than watch it.

Or wait, Trap is gone, samba football is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Have you seen the team king named.

No width and league 1 striker DOYLE playing.

Going to be a demolition job for zee Germans but not to worry the best fans in the world will still be cheering.

Jokers!

• Advertisement

I was born in Germany, it's Deutschland über alles for me tonight me thinks.

Haven't seen the team, have been avoiding all mention of it all week, depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    I was born in Germany, it's Deutschland über alles for me tonight me thinks.

I just knew there was something funny about you AJ!:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Did anyone watch the Gazza documentary that was on a week or so ago, recorded it and started watching if yesterday, FFS tough one to watch...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

GreeBo wrote: »
    I just knew there was something funny about you AJ!:eek:

I don't know Greebo, I think if there was a poll conducted for people to pick out the German amongst us, there's someone else that I think people would pick :)

Rigid game plan, meticulous practice, laser for short game, teeing up at 5mm on par 3's, plastic tees to ensure standard height elsewhere.... I forget the name of that highly efficient golfer in our midst ;)

Highly embarrassing interview by King

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Very bad - no subs . WTF.

Some of our best players were on the bench. Did he not think the Lads would be ****ed at the end after the other team had what 75 % of the ball :confused:

Very bad - no subs . WTF.

Some of our best players were on the bench. Did he not think the Lads would be ****ed at the end after the other team had what 75 % of the ball :confused:

Did you hear his interview, the lad is so far from reality it's unreal.

"It was 2-0, it could have been 2-1 but it ended up 3-0, have to be happy with that"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    Did you hear his interview, the lad is so far from reality it's unreal.

"It was 2-0, it could have been 2-1 but it ended up 3-0, have to be happy with that"

Bring back Trap :P

Bring back Trap :P

Greebo instand ban required here for fixer.

I'll take the ban for back seat modding in this case no problem.

He is inside the shark lolololololol

Just for you ForeRight... I'll book the cinema tickets

• Advertisement

Saw this ad the other day. Amazing!!!!!

Really looking forward to this one I hope it's not a let down.

Stay safe out there fellow golfers. The sharks are everywhere.

Saw this ad the other day. Amazing!!!!!

Really looking forward to this one I hope it's not a let down.

Stay safe out there fellow golfers. The sharks are everywhere.

Plenty of them out and about at medals and captains day alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I like whiskey.

thanks.

I like whiskey.

thanks.

ooh...what type

ooh...what type

glenfiddich ma boy, glennfiddich

:confused:

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Can I help you there at all?
    You appear to be lost as, although this thread is lightly moderated...trolling is trolling and you know that trolling is not tolerated.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Can I help you there at all?
    You appear to be lost as, although this thread is lightly moderated...trolling is trolling and you know that trolling is not tolerated.

No help required at all thanks.
    Trolling ? Honestly ? Lighten up pal. Was hardly abusing or causing havok to anyone!

• Advertisement

Noel King yet again makes a fool of himself.

Talk about being out of your depth!

Advertisement