Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

ForeRight wrote: »
    Noel King yet again makes a fool of himself.

Talk about being out of your depth!

How so a fool? Not defending him or anything, even though we looked a shambles, the win we needed was got and assuming Romania don't win both their qualifiers then we will be ranked second seed going into the Euro's which is a good boost, especially seeing as the number of qualifiers has increased!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

ssbob wrote: »
    How so a fool? Not defending him or anything, even though we looked a shambles, the win we needed was got and assuming Romania don't win both their qualifiers then we will be ranked second seed going into the Euro's which is a good boost, especially seeing as the number of qualifiers has increased!

I'm not talking about the result I'm talking about him in his interview. He was a disgrace turning on tony o Donoghue like that.

IMO he made a holy show of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

I'm not talking about the result I'm talking about him in his interview. He was a disgrace turning on tony o Donoghue like that.

IMO he made a holy show of himself.

Must find that, didn't see it at all, some guys in work are talking about it here. Surely RTE Player will have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

GreeBo wrote: »
    Can I help you there at all?
    You appear to be lost as, although this thread is lightly moderated...trolling is trolling and you know that trolling is not tolerated.

Made me laugh :)
    ssbob wrote: »
    Must find that, didn't see it at all, some guys in work are talking about it here. Surely RTE Player will have it!

Ryan tub just played the clip after 9, so you will definitely get it on the player for his radio show. He did sound like a prat...

There's a YouTube link at the bottom of this link

http://www.thescore.ie/tony-odonoghue-noel-king-interview-1131736-Oct2013/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

on you tube lads, on phone here.

In fairness to King , he was pissed off from first match. And Dunphy has been a disgrace for a long time. I do like Dunphy in politics and some football. He and Giles haven't been in the game in what, 30 years.

Again Delaney just hiding in the background. should have been sacked after Roy Keane, then Stan, Then Euros, Then new trap contract, Now King.

King was put in to lose to Germany and win against Kaz. Job done.

Tony has a smile on his face antagonistic interviewing style, he will get pulled on it, when the man has nothing to lose.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭paulos53

Gave me a good laugh anyway. :D How many facts has the author twisted to make his point?

on you tube lads, on phone here.

In fairness to King , he was pissed off from first match. And Dunphy has been a disgrace for a long time. I do like Dunphy in politics and some football. He and Giles haven't been in the game in what, 30 years.

Again Delaney just hiding in the background. should have been sacked after Roy Keane, then Stan, Then Euros, Then new trap contract, Now King.

King was put in to lose to Germany and win against Kaz. Job done.

Tony has a smile on his face antagonistic interviewing style, he will get pulled on it, when the man has nothing to lose.

No matter what went on he should not have attacked tony o Donoghue IMO.

When asked the question why not say "we won 3-1 and lost away against Germany which every team has done since 2001 practically"

Instead he exploded and made all the talk today about his poor interview and not a good result. Naive management and his years if managing under age and women's teams show he never gained the savy to deal with the media on the big stage.

If he was brought in to lose to Germany why was he spinning the yarn last week saying we would attack and have a go etc. we didn't and were set up for damage limitation from the first whistle.

Telling O Donoghue he was degrading the players was bull from king. The only person degrading players was him by not playing the lads in their natural position and leaving genuine wingers on the bench. It's degrading to mc clean and mc geady(although I'd never have him near a football pitch for Ireland)

Them sitting on the bench looking at 2 strikers playing out wide is degrading to them simple as that!

But hey, he got the result. I've no problem there as long as he doesn't spin it and attack the interviewer. Answer the tough questions you made the tough decisions to play lads in those positions!!!!!

Great piece - will never forget that game was at U2 in slane.

But

Look at Irish team that Day

Rep of Ireland: Given, Gary Kelly, Dunne, Staunton, Harte, McAteer, Holland, Kilbane, Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Duff. Subs: Niall Quinn, Finnan, Carsley, O'Brien, Kiely, Morrison.

Most were premier league players. Two lads up front at peak.

We also had Roy Keane.

We just don't have the player of a generation we have always had - Giles - Brady - Keane.

• Advertisement

Agree Foreright -

But Dunphy had him wound up

He shouldn't have been put in job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

King proved he hasn't the bottle for the job both on & off the pitch.
    In fairness, Dunpy looked like he was on the bottle.
    Dunphy was out for blood, it was overkill. He got JG into it and I was surprised that the sage one got involved as much as he did.

Kings interview was embarrassing, it set up the sideshow that Dunphy wanted, quite embarrassing as well.

All this while Delaney is busy getting the rounds in.

All joking aside,

Has Stokes played on left wing. Don't know how anybody could answer that.

He didn't look like it last night.

In fairness , he put in a great shift in last 2 games.

One thing on King - he did do this well.
    He gave a clean slate to lads who needed it.
    Gibson, Stokes, Reid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

paulos53 wrote: »
    Gave me a good laugh anyway. :D How many facts has the author twisted to make his point?
    Not sure what you mean by twisting the facts?

I might be wrong but I don't think DOYLE has played wide since his underage days.
    Imagine bringing a striker from league 1 into a squad firstly and then playing him wide while premier league players who are wingers sit on the bench! Madness.

I think stokes has played a couple of games off the left but I wouldn't call it left wing outright.

On a side note noel king looks like mrs browns boys Brendan O Carroll

All joking aside,

Has Stokes played on left wing. Don't know how anybody could answer that.

He didn't look like it last night.

In fairness , he put in a great shift in last 2 games.

One thing on King - he did do this well.
    He gave a clean slate to lads who needed it.
    Gibson, Stokes, Reid.

Not sure I'd agree on Gibson. He refused to travel a couple of years ago.
    Stokes deserves a go with his performances this season at club level.
    Reid definitely deserves his go.

I wouldn't have DOYLE in the squad at all.

Not sure I'd agree on Gibson. He refused to travel a couple of years ago.
    Stokes deserves a go with his performances this season at club level.
    Reid definitely deserves his go.

I wouldn't have DOYLE in the squad at all.

Yes - but (always a but).

Everybody should get a second chance in life.

He changed clubs to play more - Trap asked him to. He did, went to euros,

And Trap was a nightmare for not given lads a run out. Even when euros were over.

Yes - but (always a but).

Everybody should get a second chance in life.

He changed clubs to play more - Trap asked him to. He did, went to euros,

And Trap was a nightmare for not given lads a run out. Even when euros were over.

Trap was a stubborn git no doubt about it. Clean slate as you say but what next..

Stephen Ireland return.... No thanks sir!

That fella should never wear an Ireland jersey again.

I read his granny died again 2 weeks ago for the third time.

What a horrible person he is!

Fixed you touched on the team that beat Holland and outside of Keane we have players plenty good enough. The problem is the players today are very rarely played in their natural positions. Ok, it might not be possible but the aim should be to picking the best side available and playing as many players as possible in their best positions. It might take time but we would start competing

And the interweb continues to slowly kill journalism.

• Advertisement

Fixed you touched on the team that beat Holland and outside of Keane we have players plenty good enough. The problem is the players today are very rarely played in their natural positions. Ok, it might not be possible but the aim should be to picking the best side available and playing as many players as possible in their best positions. It might take time but we would start competing

I honestly don't,

Look at team again,

Of this bunch maybe the following would have a chance of a game.

Coleman (would start)
    McCarthy (Would start)
    O'Shea
    Gibson

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    And the interweb continues to slowly kill journalism.
    Are you another journal hater?! Or actually disagree?

Not sure what you mean by twisting the facts?

How about omitting facts! Like any reference to Keanes managerial career.

In terms of twisting facts. How about the paragraph that suggests we can aspire the be like Scotland and Wales... The authors football knowledge must only stretch back to this time yesterday.

Big Keane fan btw, he'd be embarrassed with that article

Are you another journal hater?! Or actually disagree?

Nope, I like the Journal, it serves a purpose very well. News on the go
    is required in this day and age.

I see no value in their "opinion pieces" though.
    Leave that to the forums: where the authors seem to do their research on.

I'd get a similar quality opinion piece spat at me by the local drunk in the pub if I wanted something of that standard

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    How about omitting facts! Like any reference to Keanes managerial career.

In terms of twisting facts. How about the paragraph that suggests we can aspire the be like Scotland and Wales... The authors football knowledge must only stretch back to this time yesterday.

Big Keane fan btw, he'd be embarrassed with that article
    I agree Keane may be slightly embarrassed by it - he doesn't like most stuff that's written about him.

Keane's managerial career is actually not as bad as his hater make it out to be. Ireland's next manager didn't do so well at Sunderland and ask Villa fans...the majority hated him!

As for the Wales and Scotland piece, he is merely pointing out they still rose to the challenge despite having nothing to play for, against Germany we didn't even try...

I agree Keane may be slightly embarrassed by it - he doesn't like most stuff that's written about him.

Keane's managerial career is actually not as bad as his hater make it out to be. Ireland's next manager didn't do so well at Sunderland and ask Villa fans...the majority hated him!

As for the Wales and Scotland piece, he is merely pointing out they still rose to the challenge despite having nothing to play for, against Germany we didn't even try...

Oh but don't forget what King had to say about Germany

" it was 2-0 but could have been 2-1 easily but it ended 3-0"

"We could have played down the click at 2 down near the end there in the corner and everyone would have been happy but we had a go and put the corner in. They broke and scored and 3-0 doesn't look as good now"

Seriously Noël!!!!!! GTFO mind the door doesn't hit you and take that cabbage Delaney with you.

I honestly don't,

Look at team again,

Of this bunch maybe the following would have a chance of a game.

Coleman (would start)
    McCarthy (Would start)
    O'Shea
    Gibson

I'd agree, did you deliberately leave out Wilson :)
    He deserves to be left out of it.

Coleman would definitely start, McCarthy at present would edge in but moreso on his future potential. Kinsella was a solid yet unspectacular player. Served the country well.

Dunne and Keane aren't the combined force they were back then. Both have adapted well but I'd take them being 10 years younger.

Not having one of the best players in the world can't be glossed over as it was.

Oh but don't forget what King had to say about Germany

" it was 2-0 but could have been 2-1 easily but it ended 3-0"

"We could have played down the click at 2 down near the end there in the corner and everyone would have been happy but we had a go and put the corner in. They broke and scored and 3-0 doesn't look as good now"

Seriously Noël!!!!!! GTFO mind the door doesn't hit you and take that cabbage Delaney with you.

But ForeRight - tell us what you really think. :P

Your like Dunph - but know something about football.

But ForeRight - tell us what you really think. :P

Your like Dunph - but know something about football.

I'm am friends with a player(senior player not saying who) and he told me last week that king hasn't a clue. He was calling team meetings every hour of the day and was talking nonsense.

• Advertisement

Believe me, I'm a massive Keane fan Keano :)
    The article is based on Keanes mentality as a player which was second to none.
    Keane, with age and when put in a managerial position, had the same demands of excellence from his team that he expected of himself in his playing days.
    He has said that this approach didnt work with the level of players he had to manage.
    I'd argue that that's the same level as the current squad. Low level prem, decent Championship.
    Which makes a mockery of the article really.

It's easy to pick out freak results by Scotkand & Wales. Why not flip that around and say that we performed better last night than Croatia & Belgium. Because it would be lazy and incorrect to take it an base an argument around it.

Advertisement