Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Just had a massive sausage - crusty roll - onions - cheese - red sauce and mustard roll.

Unreal - home-made- new start off to a bad start - it was comfort food after my poor golf today.

Out for a steak tonight too ;)

Where did you play today fixy?

I was out this morning myself. Perfect day after the initial rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    Where did you play today fixy?

I was out this morning myself. Perfect day after the initial rain.

St. Annes.

About as low lying as you can be and water got in on course from sea last week.

Was nice - but had to rush off for kids and to buy sausages. Jaysus can't swing - but getting lessons - so to be expected. Sorry this is golf talk.

St. Annes.

About as low lying as you can be and water got in on course from sea last week.

Was nice - but had to rush off for kids and to buy sausages. Jaysus can't swing - but getting lessons - so to be expected. Sorry this is golf talk.

We are talking about sausages mostly so it's fine.

We are talking about sausages mostly so it's fine.

Had more sausages than pars. :confused::P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't think there's another sportsman that makes his game look so effortless as Ronnie O on form makes the game of snooker look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't think there's another sportsman that makes his game look so effortless as Ronnie O on form makes the game of snooker look

When he's really on form it's like he doesn't even need to think about the shot. He just flows from one shot to the next, great to watch

The young lad in Scotland's body found.
    Mother arrested.
    Hasn't been to school since before Xmas.
    School were concerned for his safety weeks ago.

This just makes my blood boil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

C'mon you reds!

Very lucky penalty there but we'll take it.

Any other reds fans happy with our teams return to form this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Not good enough. Reckon top 6 finish but want top3.

• Advertisement

Typical Liverpool fans. Posting on the net while a game is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Typical utd fans on internet watching typical Liverpool fans on internet while match is on. I am of course guessing.;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think we needed to win this game to qualify for champions league, just couldn't finish it off.......

T-5weeks until Rodgers meltdown

Mignolet is poor
    Toure is a crock and I don't think that cissoko fella is a professional football. He is horrific.

With those lads playing they will continue to concede a lot of goals

Gerrard back from injury 2 games now.
    Poor in both.
    They're a better team without him.

(And that's not just based on the last 2 games. They've been consistently better when he has been injuried over last few seasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Liverpool have surprised me this season but their defence is shocking. They started off well but they are defending worse from the start of the season. I think it will be tight for the 4th spot agwinst Man Utd, Everton, spurs and Liverpool. United need a result of some sort against Chelsea today which is a big ask :(

On Ronnie o Sullivan. He is probably the best we will witness playing snooker for a long time. He took the year off last year and came back and won the worlds. No one else could do that!

Are you forgetting spurs for that 4th spot too?

Ronnie tweeted 2 weeks ago "just signed up for the masters, I need some holiday money"

Winning 5-1 in the final now haha

Legend

Are you forgetting spurs for that 4th spot too?

Ronnie tweeted 2 weeks ago "just signed up for the masters, I need some holiday money"

Winning 5-1 in the final now haha

Legend

I had but edited it in. You must have replied as I was editing my post :)

Maybe I should edit Man utd out of my other post. Breaks my heart seeing then lose so many games :(

• Advertisement

etxp wrote: »
    Maybe I should edit Man utd out of my other post. Breaks my heart seeing then lose so many games :(

I'm nearly getting used to it at this stage... Nearly!
    I have just written the year off, big one next year for Moyes (and the club).

Breaks my heart seeing Jose talking about us, he wanted the job like nothing else I believe. He was basically dry riding us at the start of 2013 and still manages to complement the club whenever he can.

Champs League this year ;)
    Do a Liverpool on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Does anyone else get a bit suspicious now when a snooker player misses a straightforward shot? O Sullivan just missed a simple brown, then was gifted the black which he missed again. There's been a lot about it recently with players being suspended etc.

Arsenium wrote: »
    Does anyone else get a bit suspicious now when a snooker player misses a straightforward shot? O Sullivan just missed a simple brown, then was gifted the black which he missed again. There's been a lot about it recently with players being suspended etc.

I assume you're getting at match fixing!?
    In the Masters Final!?

I'd be fairly cynical normally, but match fixing generally tends to be confined to lower leagues, lower profile matches etc etc.... Outside of Italy of course :)

I don't think any snooker player, even the most corruptible, would think of doing it in the Masters final.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

I assume you're getting at match fixing!?
    In the Masters Final!?

I'd be fairly cynical normally, but match fixing generally tends to be confined to lower leagues, lower profile matches etc etc.... Outside of Italy of course :)

I don't think any snooker player, even the most corruptible, would think of doing it in the Masters final.

Sorry I wasnt online. Whatever about match fixing I often wonder if players bet on the correct score in a match. It's very easy for a player in total control of a game to give up a frame to influence the final score. I saw a very similar shocking miss in an earlier round aswell which made me think the same.

I dont think the masters final / UK final / world final would make any difference if a player had a correct score backed and was in total control of the match.

There's certain darts players also that it is rumoured about. Get out miles in front and all of a sudden the other player gets right back at them.

:p United

:p United

Like the old days.

Like the old days.

Chico - Moyes' Mark Robins... Semi final of a cup too

Chico - Moyes' Mark Robins... Semi final of a cup too

Must be the most awful penos ever.

Must be the most awful penos ever.

Moyes is gone lads.

• Advertisement

Moyes is gone lads.

Meanwhile Jose watches on in London wondering why they didn't give him the job.

Advertisement