Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Can it get any better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

PARlance wrote: »
    Meanwhile Jose watches on in London saying thank fook they didn't offer him the job.

*fixed that for you*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

mafc wrote: »
    *fixed that for you*

1601586_572657092808853_179197994_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Moyes is gone lads.

Where?

ForeRight wrote: »
    Where?

I don't know - but they would want to get the finger out. I'd say he will be gone soon enough ?

• Advertisement

I don't know - but they would want to get the finger out. I'd say he will be gone soon enough ?

No chance. 6yr contract given knowing well a massive change was happening. They have just spend 40m on a player he wants and who knows what other business is being done also.

I expect moyes to be given at least 2 full seasons, multiple transfer windows and support with money to make this work.

Utd are not in the business of jumping the gun with managers. They learned that from Fergies head bring called for when he was starting out.

United won the game tonight by the way. You can't legislate for a goalkeeping howler and professional footballers unable to score more than 1/5 in a shoutout!

No chance. 6yr contract given knowing well a massive change was happening. They have just spend 40m on a player he wants and who knows what other business is being done also.

I expect moyes to be given at least 2 full seasons, multiple transfer windows and support with money to make this work.

Utd are not in the business of jumping the gun with managers. They learned that from Fergies head bring called for when he was starting out.

United won the game tonight by the way. You can't legislate for a goalkeeping howler and professional footballers unable to score more than 1/5 in a shoutout!

I'm not one to buy into alarmist change when it comes to managers.

But - They are not playing for him - that is poison.

Can't see him last.

I'm not one to buy into alarmist change when it comes to managers.

But - They are not playing for him - that is poison.

Can't see him last.

It is poison I agree and if I was moyes is make whole sake changes there because lads are not pulling for him.

Over the next couple of transfer windows of get rid of

Evra, rio, nani and young.

Change the system, the old school way of wingers whipping in crosses isn't working anymore and all top modern teams are far more dynamic.

Full strenght squad fit id have

De gea
    Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
    Carrick fletcher
    Januzaj Rooney mata
    RVP

4-2-3-1.

I'm assuming as is reported mata is a done deal of course.

Foreright -

I still think the team you are putting forward is a weak United team.

So if they get players in in summer maybe a team that can get back into top 4.

But Don't think
    De Gae
    Vidic
    Fletcher
    Carrick
    Rooney
    RVP

Are going to be part of the long term solution ( for all different reasons )

That's what I mean by picking the strongest team and formation available at the moment and then him getting backed in the market.

De gea has been one if the best keepers in the league again this season so that one calamity tonight is to be forgotten when assessing him. Every keeper has a howler in their season. He then saved penos don't forget.

I've no doubt Rooney is going in the summer.

• Advertisement

That's what I mean by picking the strongest team and formation available at the moment and then him getting backed in the market.

De gea has been one if the best keepers in the league again this season so that one calamity tonight is to be forgotten when assessing him. Every keeper has a howler in their season. He then saved penos don't forget.

I've no doubt Rooney is going in the summer.

why do you say De Gea is one of the best this season. I think he has 6 clean sheets ?

He was a shocker last season too.

We are talking about united here - he shouldn't be anywhere near united imo.

why do you say De Gea is one of the best this season. I think he has 6 clean sheets ?

He was a shocker last season too.

We are talking about united here - he shouldn't be anywhere near united imo.

He was anything but shocking last season.
    In his first year he was but was very young, not physical enough in a new country, new language etc etc.

He gas definitely developed physically and I think he has a stone of muscle extra on him from when he arrived now.

The united defence has offered zero protection this season and not a keeper in the world could keep clean sheets under that pressure. By in large he hasn't been at fault for goals on many occasions and tonight is the first shocker I can think of.

He was anything but shocking last season.
    In his first year he was but was very young, not physical enough in a new country, new language etc etc.

He gas definitely developed physically and I think he has a stone of muscle extra on him from when he arrived now.

The united defence has offered zero protection this season and not a keeper in the world could keep clean sheets under that pressure. By in large he hasn't been at fault for goals on many occasions and tonight is the first shocker I can think of.

Sorry - maybe first season I'm thinking.

But, just don't see him having the composure , presence and ability associated with united , or a top team.

He will cost ye , (IMO)

Looking at stats - united conceded most goals of top 4 last season.

Sorry - maybe first season I'm thinking.

But, just don't see him having the composure , presence and ability associated with united , or a top team.

He will cost ye , (IMO)

Looking at stats - united conceded most goals of top 4 last season.

United have struggled with keepers since Schmeicel left apart from VDS. De Gea is as good as it's gonna get at the moment.

What other options are there? Don't forget keepers don't really become great keepers until much later in their careers so I'm hopeful de gea can continue to learn and develop.

I remember a lot of people thinking Ronaldo was a show pony in his first couple of seasons. These young players need to be nurtured to get the best from them if the men that know their stuff at the club can see their potential.

And de gea had the highest save ratio and least individual mistakes that cost goals according to the sane stats. I read them all but I don't bother bringing them into a debate as I just find then irrelevant. I just form my opinion by what I witness and IMO last season de gea was a top keeper in the league with little better than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I know that culturally speaking utd say that they are different, that they gave Ferguson lots of time, etc... but I think that the footballing world is a different place now, and in the late 80s utd were coming out of an era were they weren't a dominant footballing force.

Utd is a public company with a stock price & shareholders to think of & foreign majority of owners.

They are a global brand & the thing with global brands is their worldwide support tend to be a lot more fickle. I don't think Chelsea or City would be so we'll supported globally if they didn't have premier league titles to their names.

Ferguson was in trouble many years ago until the utd scouting system came up trumps with a massive amount of youth team talent around 92, a time before the mad money had really kicked off. There's no way the utd machine in the modern era would be willing to give a manager 3 years without a trophy, never mind 5/6.

He did inherit a bit of a team that was flattered last year by the fact that every other team in the league had such a shocker of a season. They won the league at a stroll with essentially the same group of players. The difference this year is that the competition have stepped up & the gaps that were probably there last season are more obvious.

I'd say he's got the rest of this season & probably till Christmas 2014 to pull it together, but if they are in the same place this time next year I'd be surprised if he still there.

I've no doubt at all that moyes will get plenty of time.

By time I mean at least 2 full seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Barney Curley at it again, 4 horses assosicated with him won yesterday, most of the horses hadn't run in over a year and were backed into favourites from prices as high as 20/1 the night before.
    Some reports saying it cost the bookies €18million.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Apparently Juan Mata has handed in a transfer request. He wants to leave Man Utd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Anyone selling tickets please;-)

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Anyone selling tickets please;-)

I'll get back to you tomorrow

• Advertisement

You can remove your "thanks" now Scubber... sorry couldn't resist

220px-If_Tomorrow_Never_Comes.png

I truly have friends in low places ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

3rd daughter born last night.... no sons..... what am i going to do when they are all in their teens...... i didn't really think that one out did I!!!!

stevieob wrote: »
    3rd daughter born last night.... no sons..... what am i going to do when they are all in their teens...... i didn't really think that one out did I!!!!

Don't think about it that's what I do. I just dream about walking the fairways on the LPGA tour in 20 years.

Big congratulations to you. You're a lucky man.

Congrats Stevie!!!

Was just thinking about getting my little one her first clubs... She is only walking.

Might have to give up this forum if I want a boy.... Think most of us have girls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I bring my two girls to the range every time I go. When they are not like machine guns with balls they can strike it well. My 10 y/o got a driver wednesday and was hitting it 150yds consistently straight from the word go.....am sick!!

Have a video of my 8y/o from Wednesday so must upload it here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

PARlance wrote: »
    Congrats Stevie!!!

Was just thinking about getting my little one her first clubs... She is only walking.

Might have to give up this forum if I want a boy.... Think most of us have girls.

By the time she's old enough the junior set I have here will suit here, you're more than welcome to them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

stevieob wrote: »

Congrats Stevie. If you want to carpool to esker let me know :)

Congrats Steve blessed are thou amongst women.

• Advertisement

Paddy and Mr Boyle et al got that one wrong today with Sunderland

Advertisement