Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I got engaged last night :)

Unfortunately means I'll be away for the Esker Hills outing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Dr.Rieux wrote: »

Congrats?

3 weeks until outing not enough time to get permission? Your in for a rough time if she is already putting foot down. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Congrats?

3 weeks until outing not enough time to get permission? Your in for a rough time if she is already putting foot down. ;-)

She has class (accounting exams coming up) for the next few weekends. Her first weekend free is the weekend of the 22nd so I'm going to bring her away.

She has class so I'm going to bring her away.

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

stevieob wrote: »
    3rd daughter born last night.... no sons..... what am i going to do when they are all in their teens...... i didn't really think that one out did I!!!!

Congratulations

Commiserations

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Congrats Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dar_cool wrote: »
    Congrats Stevie. If you want to carpool to esker let me know :)

Cheers Darren, that sounds like a plan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Probably the most Irish video you'll see for a while.

Straight Outta Leitrim (I think)

http://youtu.be/enlTqUlyfsA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    Probably the most Irish video you'll see for a while.

Straight Outta Leitrim (I think)

http://youtu.be/enlTqUlyfsA

Lol,

That is class - they go on about tough parenting in Asia :p

"Did you not sweetener her up"

Well, every single sporting prediction I made this weekend was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

For feck sake. The worst team in the league are beating united :(

etxp wrote: »
    For feck sake. The worst team in the league are beating united :(

United look like they will win. But, Fulham leading in Old Trafford is ridiculous.

United look like a sort of unlucky team too these days.

United look like they will win. But, Fulham leading in Old Trafford is ridiculous.

United look like a sort of unlucky team too these days.

Terrible defending for the goal. I've heard about parking the bus but Fulham have parked in train In front of there goal.

The angst that Moyes shows just doesn't look professional.

The angst that Moyes shows just doesn't look professional.

This has 0-1 written all over it

Bahahahaha.

Was thinking united would get a result here tonight, but very strange to watch how slow their pace is getting forward.

Near goal there for rvp.

pool look like doing a pool.

pool look like doing a pool.

Pool did a united of ferguson era... thanks be to fu€&, results went our way tonight all round, was delighted with the draw for arsenal cause i really can't stand seeing utd winning at any costs!

Pool did a united of ferguson era... thanks be to fu€&, results went our way tonight all round, was delighted with the draw for arsenal cause i really can't stand seeing utd winning at any costs!

Looks like United are gone for fourth - Spurs are the problem now.

Jaysus - Liverpool are poor at the back - that is being nice.

Hopefully they can hang in there for fourth and even overtake Arsenal.

United just going to have to go and win the CL I suppose.

If pool get 4th that would knock them out of the competition lololol

Imagine!!!! That would be sweeter than winning the Prem

• Advertisement

Jaysus - Liverpool are poor at the back - that is being nice.

Awful just ain't the word. That second goal was just abysmal defending. I'll forgive the own goal but really and truly Toure should have put it on the roof.

We needed to tighten up the defence in the transfer window, but not having done so really means we won't be title challengers, no matter how good we are at hitting the back of the net.

I think fourth place could be sewn up soon enough, maybe creep up to third, but I hope to God I'm wrong and come the last game we are still in with a chance for the title...... It's just been tooooooo long

ForeRight wrote: »

Jaysus, hadn't thought of that.

Don't think it'll happen though, probably a 100 to 1 shot

ForeRight wrote: »

Would be good - that happened with pool in a way - but they put a 5th team in from Prem League if I remember ? ( An extra team in to let pool in)

But I think Pool are going to get 3rd.

I - as an ABU, think united are an unusual team now. They will win some big matches. They create chances. I think they are very unlucky (funny thing to say) - but nothing goes for them.

Just couldn't believe how slow they are on the break, away from home. Every other team is much faster in counter attack.

They should have won tonight.

Awful just ain't the word. That second goal was just abysmal defending. I'll forgive the own goal but really and truly Toure should have put it on the roof.

We needed to tighten up the defence in the transfer window, but not having done so really means we won't be title challengers, no matter how good we are at hitting the back of the net.

I think fourth place could be sewn up soon enough, maybe creep up to third, but I hope to God I'm wrong and come the last game we are still in with a chance for the title...... It's just been tooooooo long

Liverpool are not good enough in midfield - defence or goalkeeper to win the league.

But - they played very well over Christmas and got 0 points in the 2 big games. If they got something there it would have made this very interesting. They could have been the weakest team to have a chance at winning the League since
    em , I guess last year :p - -- but in a long time.

No, we all know Liverpool are just overwhelmingly attacking at home and most teams are not coping with what is effectively a four pronged attack high up the field. Very interesting - but not a realistic way to win anything. It will work at home when things are going well.

This is liverpools best chance ever and possibly for the coming years to win the premiership IMO.

Chelsea and City the two teams to beat and both are not on top form consistently. They both look like they are still adapting to having new managers even though it's Jose's second term. The team is not what he wants yet.
    Both have massive CL distractions coming up which will no doubt impact their title challenge even with their big squads.
    Chelsea then meet city in the FA cup too
    Liverpool have arsenal in the cup and other than that no other distraction.

No Europa league was a god send for the because their squad wouldn't have handled that this year.

Liverpools home performances have been excellent and city and Chelsea both have to go to anfield.

I'm not a fan of Liverpool obviously but it's there for them, they won't have this chance again anytime soon!!!! City and Chelsea will be stronger next year.

Agger and sakho coming back in for pool too to tighten up the defence.

Good stat on Sturridge... he has played 18 PL games and has scored in 15 of them. ("Only" 16 goals from those 15 games... he's not a fan of scoring more than one...only having done it once)

He has scored in 7 games in a row now!

PARlance wrote: »
    Good stat on Sturridge... he has played 18 PL games and has scored in 15 of them. ("Only" 16 goals from those 15 games... he's not a fan of scoring more than one...only having done it once)

He has scored in 7 games in a row now!

He is on top form alright, I put him in my fantasy team tonight and it was a master stroke.

United won't get CL football now and being honest I hope they fail to get into the Europa cup. No European football will be a big loss to the club but they are in a transition and united will be back next season I think(I hope).

What a day on the car front:

The missus and I were driving up from Tralee today in the 2 cars. (I had to stop of in Esker on the way down :) so we went separately)

Anyway, I was on the road at 7, she left a few hours later.

30 mins into her journey I get a call saying she is on the way back to Tralee. The computer/car said No. Some safety thing kicked in to limit her to 50km/h.
    Anyway, car will be down in Tralee and replacement was sorted. Something wrong with the engine.

I was just off the phone to her and was thinking....What are the chances....She had Car A.. Two years old and has been looked after well.
    There was me driving the 00 banger we picked up and not a problem......

BANG!!! smoke... Fcuk

Within 20 mins of her getting off the phone, the engine blew in the banger.

What are the bloody chances.

I'd be p*ssed off normally, but a Good Samaritan turned a bad day into one that will be remembered for the good things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Crikey. Not good dude.

• Advertisement

Sitting in waiting room of hospital sh1tting it. Keep thinking i won't play again even though its only a day clinic procedure.

Advertisement