Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Sitting in waiting room of hospital sh1tting it. Keep thinking i won't play again even though its only a day clinic procedure.

Never heard that diarrhea could end someones golf game! :p

All the best chief!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Sitting in waiting room of hospital sh1tting it. Keep thinking i won't play again even though its only a day clinic procedure.

could be worse man, I've to bring my dad to hospital next week to see what aggressive chemotherapy they have to use to try get rid of his cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    could be worse man, I've to bring my dad to hospital next week to see what aggressive chemotherapy they have to use to try get rid of his cancer.

Been there done that with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lads, I'm in the middle of an interview process at the moment and I have a presentation to do this week as part of it.

I know these things are a pain in the a**, but this is a very quick survey and it shouldn't take more than a minute or two...
    The rankings ones are a little tricky.. apologies.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TFDLMDQ

Anyways, I would really appreciate it if you (and/or the better half) could take a moment out to complete it.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

all filled out

Thanks Lads, quite a few have already responded, fair play and really appreciate that... please keep them coming, I should have mentioned that the presentation is on Wednesday at 9am...:o

(It's not just the first tee that I leave it late to get to :o )

Quite a few male respondents, who would have guessed???

Where do the women be at on boards? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Done

I don't think any man , could tell the difference between ALDI and LIDL.

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Done

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Done. As the person who does the weekly shop I can spot the bargains :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Dided.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Done.

Best of luck with it!

Genius at work

Enjoy the Ronnie Show

http://youtu.be/aVfUhWjkp0A

ForeRight wrote: »
    Genius at work

Enjoy the Ronnie Show

Pure Genius, think he's my favourite sportsperson of them all, and that's from a golf and (former) football nut

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Done, best of luck

• Advertisement

Voting is now closed lads, do not vote or you may be charged :)

Really appreciate that folks... Now, to do a last minute presentation...so that'll be me on boards for the night so ;)

Genius at work

Enjoy the Ronnie Show

Now that's how to close out a tournament!

The guy is an unreal legend, quite probably the most talented sportsman ever. I mean to slot the 15th red like that left handed..... Class.

I never could warm to Hendry, he was dry and boring but just look at the facial expression on Ronnie there before he played the pink and when he hit it to perfection the way he sticks out his tongue....... Nothing cocky about the guy at all, just good fun and it's great to see him back playing.... Sports in general need players like him, brilliant.

Very off topic query:

As of today when I browse boards on my phone I can only see the site as the full site like on a laptop.

Usually I have a nice and easy mobile version.

How have I lost that and how do I get it back?

Cheers in advance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Very off topic query:

As of today when I browse boards on my phone I can only see the site as the full site like on a laptop.

Cheers in advance.

At the very bottom of the page there is a "touch site" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

The mobile version is just m.boards.ie much prefer the touch.boards.ie site layout though very simple display format
    Very off topic query:

Cheers in advance.

Thanks.

That's a lot better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Is anybody else sick of the sight of Brian o Driscolls wife everywhere this weekend.

The crowd cheering her at the rugby on Saturday, the Sunday papers, the Indo this morning and just when you think it's safe...she pops up in an ad for a film on every ad break on RTE !!

Arsenium wrote: »
    Is anybody else sick of the sight of Brian o Driscolls wife everywhere this weekend.

The crowd cheering her at the rugby on Saturday, the Sunday papers, the Indo this morning and just when you think it's safe...she pops up in an ad for a film on every ad break on RTE !!

Everything about it is OTT, and all very unDriscoll-like.
    Even the kid... The missus was chatting to her friend, "isn't she just gorgeous".

"It's a she?" I said to myself. (Harsh and a joke)

All kids are beautiful and all that, but com'on, enough with the hysteria.

I was out with grown men on Sat that were going weak at the knees talking about him. Maybe take a leaf out of your idols book and keep it a little less "teenage girl crush"

The man is an absolute legend by the way, think he's our finest sports man and I'm more of a football man. His daughter is qute too (just putting that in there in case he reads this :) )

I'm not a Rugby fan, But I love BOD.

Best Irish Sports person ever (maybe) and a relatively modest nice individual - I wouldn't be a fan of the over hyped Irish sports people.

But - I'd say they will put a statue up of him at some stage. I know people over react to current times. But , even with time I think he will be judged favourable - I know Rugby has had a few glamorous years - it is on an up now.

But he is at the same level or if not above (in my life)

O'Sullivan
    Roy Keane
    Shefflin
    Cooper
    Harrington

You'd say (BUT)
    Kelly
    Roche

There are very few people that got to a world level from Ireland. Very few.
    A couple of more soccer lads - but very few got and stayed at the highest level for a long time.

I love Amy too ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone watching this guy Troy on E4. IMO, better than anything I've ever seen, the guy is unreal

Advertisement