Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mafc wrote: »
    Hope not, ideal scenario is Olympiakos score.

Yea, at 90 +3 mins. It will come just after the camera zooms in on Ferguson in the stand, chewing his gum and pointing at his watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

De-Gea great game tonight.

Why does Hamilton on rte keep saying that if they score - united have to score twice.

Why does Hamilton on rte keep saying that if they score - united have to score twice.

I'm glad you spotted that cause I though I was hearing things.....

Then in the same breath he said but if utd were to score 1 more, then that would be it!

stevieob wrote: »
    I'm glad you spotted that cause I though I was hearing things.....

Then in the same breath he said but if utd were to score 1 more, then that would be it!

Very strange at this stage to get - the score wrong, never mind away goal rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Ref is a bit of a homer

anyway - this is over.

United only have to face a bigger problem next round.

In fairness they would beat most teams out there if they played the way a Man U. team should play at home.

Man U are just prolonging the inevitable, wouldn't give them a chance in quarter finals.

Man U are just prolonging the inevitable, wouldn't give them a chance in quarter finals.

Yes - but once you are in you are in.

If they play that well again they will give it a go.

But the more dangerous teams would score there tonight.

Evra is one lazy footballer earning - £5 million a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

You probably didn't give them a chance in this match either!

• Advertisement

etxp wrote: »
    You probably didn't give them a chance in this match either!

I actually did, especially at home, however not too many poor teams left now. Reckon if it's Chesea, that would be their best chance

i had to rewind to see if we were hearing things!

I actually did, especially at home, however not too many poor teams left now. Reckon if it's Chesea, that would be their best chance

I don't fancy their chances either but you can't write anyone off in football. Look at Wigan, beat city 2 years on the trot in the fa cup! No one thought that would happen. I don't hold high hopes but you never know!

etxp wrote: »
    I don't fancy their chances either but you can't write anyone off in football. Look at Wigan, beat city 2 years on the trot in the fa cup! No one thought that would happen. I don't hold high hopes but you never know!

sure Liverpool 2005 was a freak.

The only thing about that, is the level the last 8 are at is another level.

No matter what happens - there are 5 or 6 teams that would of at least score 1 if not 2 or 3 in Old Trafford there tonight.
    In Europe if you concede at home you are in real trouble.

The draw they get will make it interesting. There is a couple of teams - I'd fancy them to give a good game to in next round.

People forget they have as Kenny Cunningham said tonight the makings of a decent team - they have some real problems - but RVP and Rooney on form are good enough to win a European Cup.

But then - I watched Real there for a few minutes - Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

They are just delaying the inevitable. Should united win the CL i will wear a man utd jersey for a year. Their opponents last night were the weakest team left in the comp. It will be a massacre if they meet either Real, Bayern or Barca.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    They are just delaying the inevitable. Should united win the CL i will wear a man utd jersey for a year. Their opponents last night were the weakest team left in the comp. It will be a massacre if they meet either Real, Bayern or Barca.

I would have said zenit or schalke the weakest, but that's just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

scrubber72 wrote: »

A cup competition doesn't always end in the strongest team as winners. Porto 2004, Liverpool 2005 and Chelsea 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Right, time to jump behind the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Driving range it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Just sat down to see this muck already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Shockin.......................

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Glad I went out for a run!

ssbob wrote: »
    Shockin.......................

How so ? Thought it was a great match !

How so ? Thought it was a great match !

Utd fan = :(

ssbob wrote: »
    Utd fan = :(

Nice one.... thought as much, you surely weren't expecting to get a result.

Nice one.... thought as much, you surely weren't expecting to get a result.

Optimistacally hoping for a home draw rather than expecting!!

Fellaini a joke again and Ferdinand past it, funny team set up, trying to play 4-5-1 at home with the two wide (Mata and Welbeck) pushing forward when Utd have the ball but the thing is neither are a wide player, Cleverly, Fellaini and Carrick don't have a creative bone between them!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

The most disgusting thing about last night was Moyes post match comments.

"We have to try and aspire to be like city"

Man Utd!!!!! Trying!!!!!! To aspire to be city!!!!!!!!!!

These comments are less than 12 months after walking to the title!!!!!!!

Moyes is a joke. He is defeatist and does nothing to inspire the players. He celebrates goals like they are in the champions league final due to the relief they have scored. It's just hope that they score more do than stuff working from the training ground.

I can only pray he is gone end of the season and isn't given money to spend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You are spot on.

I'm not even a Utd fan but his choice of words and general demeanour is of a broken man already. He'll only set the club back as he has already destroyed Mata, shadow the player he was. I thought he should be given time but I think it would be wrong to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

#MoyesIn :D

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »
    The most disgusting thing about last night was Moyes post match comments.

"We have to try and aspire to be like city"

Man Utd!!!!! Trying!!!!!! To aspire to be city!!!!!!!!!!

These comments are less than 12 months after walking to the title!!!!!!!

Moyes is a joke. He is defeatist and does nothing to inspire the players. He celebrates goals like they are in the champions league final due to the relief they have scored. It's just hope that they score more do than stuff working from the training ground.

I can only pray he is gone end of the season and isn't given money to spend.

Now you know how it felt to be a Liverpool Fan when Graeme "Chop Suey" Souness took over the reins back in the day and single handedly ruined our club, never to have recovered..... though we do seem to be on the right track these days.

In fairness to Moyes, Souness had a team of word beaters that he ripped apart, United were certainly not at full strength when Moyes took over. United missed a trick in not giving the job to "the Special One", but I for one would be quite happy to see Moyes stay where he is........

Advertisement