Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    Gerrards shots were long range speculative efforts. Rarely go in.
    Sakho had a great chance yes.

Suarez chance? Do you mean the one he kicked straight at swarzer from the corner that was never a corner?

I don't see any of them as anything other than half chances at best.

Kalas missed a sitter of a header just before they scored. Now that was a guilt edge chance. Free header on the 6 yard box from a corner.

Liverpool didn't have 1 effort where I'd say he definitely should have scored. Sakho was the closest but he's a defender, was falling backwards and the ball came at him at serious pace.

Suarez would have struggled to convert that.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I think if that match was played 10 times pool would win 6 - draw 2 - lose 2.

Look at stats.

They had 14 corners , and two very good players from corners.

They lost the match -
    But if you want to sit back like that against the best forwards in the league - it is a high risk game (imo). And Gerard and the 3 of them are not speculative for him. They stood off him way too much. He even had time to go forward more on one of them.

Anyway - Champions League next year - major changes to squad required.
    3 defenders needed
    1 more midfielder
    3 very good squad players.

Best of luck to united in Europa League
    Hopefully they keep Giggs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

When's the last time gerrard has scored a long range effort?

Hopefully utd don't get Europa. Lady thing they need is that competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

kiers47 wrote: »
    I'm not sure fatigue can be put down as a legitimate excuse for lads who have one job to do every week for 90minutes (and get paid excessively for it) and don't turn up. It is a monumental f*** up.

I only seen the highlights but I don't agree with this synopsis that Liverpool were the way better team. Perhaps they passed with better fluency for the most part but they barely threatened the Chelsea defence.

If it's all about the best team winning for all the people on here. Then surely everyone will be happy to see city winning. Had some slight hiccups through the year but almost certainly the best all around footballing team in the premiership.

As long as Chelsea don't win it I'll be happy.

Hopefully utd don't get Europa. Lady thing they need is that competition.

Best of luck - ye may get to see United in Richmond Park.

• Advertisement

Best of luck - ye may get to see United in Richmond Park.

Do hull not get it for finished FA cup runner up with arsensl in the CL???
    I'm not sure how it works.

Anyway look at this intelligent fella...

http://youtu.be/92DT-SYONsw

United fan said to me recently.

I won't leave them because they are losing

:eek:

Ok this is getting a little heated and going off on tangents.

Here's another tangent...

Moyes to Newcastle ;)

Another step closer tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Another step closer tonight.

Athlone town looking for a new manager today too, might be too high profile for Moyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If it's all about the best team winning for all the people on here. Then surely everyone will be happy to see city winning. Had some slight hiccups through the year but almost certainly the best all around footballing team in the premiership.

Sorry kiers but that's a load of bollox. Ive met many neutrals in the last 2-3 months who all said they would like to see Liverpool win the league. They have been without question the most entertaining side to watch all season and that is why most NEUTRALS would like to see them win.

Oh, and I mean actual NEUTRALS, not man utd fans.

I do agree with you that city have the best players and better squad, but they haven't always played the best football. Week in, week out Liverpool players have performed out of their skins and way above their level and all credit must be given to Brendan Rodgers for getting the absolute best from his players.
    I'm not sure fatigue can be put down as a legitimate excuse for lads who have one job to do every week for 90minutes (and get paid excessively for it) and don't turn up. It is a monumental f*** up.

Don't be stupid. Liverpool's team sheet has barely changed all season with the main exception of injuries or suspensions. Chelseas team on Sunday was hardly recognisable with the amount of changes made, along with city they have depth in their squad which allows them to do this and rest players, soof course fatigue is a legitimate excuse for Liverpool.

Don't bring money into it... That's just ridiculous.

What exactly is the monumental f up?
    I only seen the highlights.

Enough said:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

stevieob wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't think 9-0 will be enough.

If memory serves, was that in the cup? we then lost to them towards the end of the season and lost the title on goal difference scored with Michael Thomas scoring with the last kick of the season :(

Just watching Ray Houghton interview tonight and interestingly enough that he mentioned that it still haunts him to this day that he didn't take Thomas down and give away a penalty..... He has a photo at home to remind him how close he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I think if that match was played 10 times pool would win 6 - draw 2 - lose 2.

Look at stats.

They had 14 corners , and two very good players from corners.

They lost the match -
    But if you want to sit back like that against the best forwards in the league - it is a high risk game (imo). And Gerard and the 3 of them are not speculative for him. They stood off him way too much. He even had time to go forward more on one of them.

Anyway - Champions League next year - major changes to squad required.
    3 defenders needed
    1 more midfielder
    3 very good squad players.

Best of luck to united in Europa League
    Hopefully they keep Giggs :P

Liverpool will have a tough time in the champions league. They will go in as a 2nd or 3rd seeded team. Probably 2nd so they can expect a group similar to what city had this year and the year before. I think they need a while new back 4. Cardiff put 3 past that defence I can only imagine what the attacking European teams will do.

Man united missing the champions league wasn't even considered this time last year so it's a massive blow to us. I don't get all this I hope we don't get Europa league. If we get it play the young players, rest the big players. It's all extra revenue for the club.

I can see palace getting a point at the weekend. But I also can see city dropping points too. It will be a tight finish.

etxp wrote: »
    Liverpool will have a tough time in the champions league. They will go in as a 2nd or 3rd seeded team. Probably 2nd so they can expect a group similar to what city had this year and the year before. I think they need a while new back 4. Cardiff put 3 past that defence I can only imagine what the attacking European teams will do.

Man united missing the champions league wasn't even considered this time last year so it's a massive blow to us. I don't get all this I hope we don't get Europa league. If we get it play the young players, rest the big players. It's all extra revenue for the club.

I can see palace getting a point at the weekend. But I also can see city dropping points too. It will be a tight finish.

Nice to see an honest assessment from a man utd fan and I totally agree with all you said.

Any kind if Europe is good Europe and it's a pityful excuse to try and fob it off any other way.

If I were a utd fan I'd really be torn I think cause giggs has been the mist amazing player and loyal servant the club ( indeed more than most clubs) has ever seen.

It would be great to see him do well as the gaffer, but without the experience under his belt I think it's probably the wrong move..... But he should be a serious consideration as assistant.

I fail to see the logic in sacking notes with 4 games to go and only putting in a temporary manager, so it does make you wonder, surely there is real consideration in making hum permanent

Even if you just play the kids or squad players in the Europa it is still an unwelcome distraction.

Look at Liverpool this year for example. Most of the time they have had 1 game a week at the weekend. This have Rodgers all week in the training ground with his squad to work on what they were trying to do and it has shown and they have been excellent.
    There is absolutely no chance of that level of play without constant coaching all week. United would finish after a weekend game then have to start preparing for a Thursday night game in the back arse of Russia. Spend a couple of days travelling there, playing and back before arriving back with a day to prepare for a premiership game where they need to win to get back into CL next year.

Even playing kids won't make a difference as there will always need to be first team players in the squad, the Managment and coaching staff wil be there too instead of on the training ground.

The revenue loss is minuscule in terms of 1 season not playing in Europe and preparing to get top 4 next season.

IMO it is what has separated Liverpool this season as it has showed what a well coached team they are under Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

stevieob wrote: »
    Sorry kiers but that's a load of bollox. Ive met many neutrals in the last 2-3 months who all said they would like to see Liverpool win the league. They have been without question the most entertaining side to watch all season and that is why most NEUTRALS would like to see them win.

Oh, and I mean actual NEUTRALS, not man utd fans.

I do agree with you that city have the best players and better squad, but they haven't always played the best football. Week in, week out Liverpool players have performed out of their skins and way above their level and all credit must be given to Brendan Rodgers for getting the absolute best from his players.

Don't be stupid. Liverpool's team sheet has barely changed all season with the main exception of injuries or suspensions. Chelseas team on Sunday was hardly recognisable with the amount of changes made, along with city they have depth in their squad which allows them to do this and rest players, soof course fatigue is a legitimate excuse for Liverpool.

Don't bring money into it... That's just ridiculous.

What exactly is the monumental f up?

Enough said:rolleyes:

I am far from a united fan. I'm a fan of entertainment and IMO City have been the better team.
    I have no problem with Liverpool only that any fan I know seems to think that the world has an agenda against their team not winning.

Eg. We are talking about Liverpool City and Chelsea here for 10 pages and suddenly when a result doesn't go yer way the Liverpool lads feel the need to shout on about how we are better than united. Or with zero evidence what so ever you call me a united fan. Why? I have no idea?

Tbh I couldn't care less who wins the premiership.

I actually like Rodgers FWIW. I think his game plan was wrong for the game on Sunday. But the team has played with credit all season. They are just the second best team as far as I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

The up and down emotions of the Liverpool fans in here from page 56 to now is like something out of The Notebook. I do honestly believe that they deserve the title but should they not win it I think the Internet may just blow up.

I am a United fan and I am praying City win (I need a cold shower) but I just think there is another twist and it’ll be in Liverpool’s favour. If they do win it then hats off, fully deserved and you won't see any bitterness from my end.

the lawman wrote: »
    The up and down emotions of the Liverpool fans in here from page 56 to now is like something out of The Notebook. I do honestly believe that they deserve the title but should they not win it I think the Internet may just blow up.

I am a United fan and I am praying City win (I need a cold shower) but I just think there is another twist and it’ll be in Liverpool’s favour. If they do win it then hats off, fully deserved and you won't see any bitterness from my end.

Everton away for city is as tough as they come. I don't think city have beat them there in years???
    Everton have to win to have any chance of 4th too but let's be onset arsenal have that wrapped up now. Mathematically though, still a chance for Everton.

If city beat Everton I think Liverpool will drop points at palace. The mental blow to Liverpool could be catastrophic compared to city dropping points and pool going into the game Monday night with it all back in their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll try not to go too far off topic (football) ;) so to tie it in....
    I have just to decide if my son that entered to world last night is going to be wearing United's no.7 jersey or a green jacket when he's older....

PARlance wrote: »
    I have just to decide if my son that entered to world last night is going to be wearing United's no.7 jersey or a green jacket when he's older....

Congrats mate!

Well done Mrs Lance and little baby Tiger Mata Lance

Congrats :D

...but go for green ;)

• Advertisement

More importantly this means you missed out on playing the open !!!
    Inconsiderate little bugger :mad: :eek: ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Congrats :D

...but go for green ;)

As long as he wears either with dignity and doesn't mess with people's heads :)

As long as he wears either with dignity and doesn't mess with people's heads :)

I think we can agree on that

Wooooo Hoooo, nice one, delighted for you to know that in a few years when you are getting a bit older and less nimble on your feet you have a caddy sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Congrats Parlance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Congrats Par.

He can be both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Congrats buddy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Congrats PARlance ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Congrats parlance and missus parlance. They say a golfer with the nappy factor is a danger. At least you have a reason for sleepless nights that she will understand.

• Advertisement

Once he never lets down his playing partner - I'm happy. ;)
    Set ambitions low.

Well done all.

Call him aj - catchy.

Advertisement