Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Once he never lets down his playing partner - I'm happy. ;)
    Set ambitions low.

Well done all.

Call him aj - catchy.

I'm might call him a girly name like Sue.... Or Parlance (wtf was I thinking :( )

Fix, I had to fight hard with myself not to go golfing.
    You know that :)

Doctor: time of delivery 10:30pm
    Parlance (to himself) : Jez, I might get that round in tomorrow morn with Fix
    Parlance (out loud) : is he healthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Congrats on the new arrival. You have your priorities in the right places ha ha. Love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dar_cool wrote: »
    Congrats on the new arrival. You have your priorities in the right places ha ha. Love it!!

That's what I texted him Dar.

With a boards golf lad I had to ask.

"You are ****ing joking".

Played **** Par. So you saved/cost me a .1

dar_cool wrote: »

Says the man posting images of golf courses on his honeymoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PARlance wrote: »
    Says the man posting images of golf courses on his honeymoon :)

jaysus Dar, married already, didn't know it was so soon. hope you had a great day and enjoy the holidays

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Congrats Par.

Fore would be a nice name ;)

Congrats Par.

Fore would be a nice name ;)

or a bit of boot polish and call him Eldrick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

I'm might call him a girly name like Sue.... Or Parlance (wtf was I thinking :( )

Fix, I had to fight hard with myself not to go golfing.
    You know that :)

Doctor: time of delivery 10:30pm
    Parlance (to himself) : Jez, I might get that round in tomorrow morn with Fix
    Parlance (out loud) : is he healthy?

If you call him Sue you better be prepared for getting in a major scrap with him in a bar when you get older! He might break a chair across your teeth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

I'll try not to go too far off topic (football) ;) so to tie it in....
    I have just to decide if my son that entered to world last night is going to be wearing United's no.7 jersey or a green jacket when he's older....

Congrats PARlance, keep the old clubs, cut them down and you have agolfing partner for life.

My 2 little men actually think that golf is work!! Keep them on my side:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads a friend of mine is trying to sell me his clubs. I'm interested in them but don't won't to get done on the price. All I can say is that they are Taylormade blades 4i to sw, hybrid, 3 wood and a G2 driver with a odyssey two ball left handed putter.

Anyone able to give an estimation?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

To wet the head here PAR.
    having a Beamish.

Don't know why Beamish.

having a Beamish.

Don't know why Beamish.

F me, I've never bought a can of it before and I'm fairly sure I've never had a pint of it, but I picked some up earlier and tucking into some.....

F me, I've never bought a can of it before and I'm fairly sure I've never had a pint of it, but I picked some up earlier and tucking into some.....

Was that before I posted that - that is a bit psychokinesis.

Or a bit too man love for posting.

Ok - after that having a port.

Call young lad - Cheap Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Was that before I posted that - that is a bit psychokinesis.

Or a bit too man love for posting.

Ok - after that having a port.

Call young lad - Cheap Stout.

Or Bertie

Lads a friend of mine is trying to sell me his clubs. I'm interested in them but don't won't to get done on the price. All I can say is that they are Taylormade blades 4i to sw, hybrid, 3 wood and a G2 driver with a odyssey two ball left handed putter.

Anyone able to give an estimation?

No golf talk in here....... Think you will find a better response if you start your own thread.

having a Beamish.

Don't know why Beamish.

Hope the heads and bellys are ok this morning lads. Who EVER drinks Beamish? The stuff must of been past the sell by date and going cheap :)

Yes Stevie - just noticed the wind is back - a coincidence ?

The lads in the local - drink everyday - it is 60 cents cheaper - so every 6 pints you get 1 free. That means - every 6 days they get 1 day free.
    Bloody financial gurus - these lads should have run "Anglo - or Alco, whatever it was called". "Not a bloody day in prison"

Time to hit the links.

Time to hit the links.

aww man i would love to be out golfing.... instead i'm getting dragged to punchardstown.

i would rather watch paint dry, i have no interest whatsoever in horse racing

sure while i'm at it, anyone got any tips :)

No gambling talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Well that was pretty pathetic from Sean Murphy. Talk about rolling over.

With respect to Barry Hawkins and Dominic Dale, you'd have to give O Sullivan his place in the final. Against either Selby, Trump or Robertson. Hopefully that will be a good bank holiday Monday nights entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Arsenium wrote: »
    Well that was pretty pathetic from Sean Murphy. Talk about rolling over.

With respect to Barry Hawkins and Dominic Dale, you'd have to give O Sullivan his place in the final. Against either Selby, Trump or Robertson. Hopefully that will be a good bank holiday Monday nights entertainment.

His head seems to be in the right place so he will be very difficult to beat.

etxp wrote: »
    His head seems to be in the right place so he will be very difficult to beat.

If he turns it on it will be hard to see someone beating him but I would expect he will get a tougher challenge than what he faced against Murphy. Leading 2-0 with your opponent needing a snooker, to losing 13-3 !!

The world championship seems to be about timing your performance and in this regard Judd Trump looks to be the one coming into form at just the right time. I fancied Selby at the start (without O Sullivan) and he also seems to be hitting form at the right time.

I really hope we dont get a 12-4 overnight scenario on Sun night. Mainly as I am going for a few scoops Sun night and will probably miss it all :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I never got into snooker. Played it a few times but I was crap at that too. Does O'Sullivan play the circuit or just hand picks what events he plays in?

I never got into snooker. Played it a few times but I was crap at that too. Does O'Sullivan play the circuit or just hand picks what events he plays in?

I dont follow it as closely as I used to i nthe last few years. Given his current world ranking of 33 (I think) I guess he doesnt play the circuit too much.

I know Barry Hearn was trying to revamp snooker, break into new countries and jazz it up the way they did with darts and 9 ball pool etc. And for this, they set up events in really far away places like China etc. I dont believe Ronnie was too impressed with that.

Also, I think they proposed allowing in much larger fields to the tournaments. Up to now it was the top 32 usually that got in but he wanted to push that out quite a bit.

It's a fine luxury for the likes of O Sullivan to have. To know he is the biggest draw in the sport by a mile, with the greatest natural talent ever to have played. And as such he can give the promoters the two fingers and play whenever he decides. Because without him the numbers will be considerably smaller.

It has to grate with some of the players however. Who have to work incredibly hard to get to a level where they can compete, only for Ronnie to swan in whenever he fancies and beat the cr*p out of them...with his left hand !!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah jasus, Bob Hoskins has died, RIP and sad way to go....

_74552905_74552904.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Jose Mourinho - Tactical Genius

:D

Karma is a bitch

Karma?

ForeRight wrote: »
    Karma?

You send all that negativity out into the universe then sometimes it comes back to kick you in the nuts

alxmorgan wrote: »
    You send all that negativity out into the universe then sometimes it comes back to kick you in the nuts

Don't see any karma tonight. Athletico are a class act and a much better side than Chelsea this season

• Advertisement

alxmorgan wrote: »

Brady having a right cut off him here....go on Chippy

"very good at being negative"

Advertisement