Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Brady having a right cut off him here....go on Chippy

"very good at being negative"

Brady talks sone dribble in fairness.

Jose has won multiple champions leagues and titles in different countries and now all of a sudden he hasn't got it according to Brady haha

Chelsea are not strong enough this season and it's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jose Mourinho - Tactical Genius

:D

Karma is a bitch

Didn't see any posts from you about your boyfriend Pep last night???

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

stevieob wrote: »
    aww man i would love to be out golfing.... instead i'm getting dragged to punchardstown.

i would rather watch paint dry, i have no interest whatsoever in horse racing

sure while i'm at it, anyone got any tips :)

How did you get on at the races?

I just had to share this gem

tusbEww.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

PARlance wrote: »
    Didn't see any posts from you about your boyfriend Pep last night???

;)

Bad night for him. But he's one of the good guys. :D

As is Carlo. Ronaldo is a tool though. He wonders why people don't like him as much as Messi...the whole 15 celebration would be one reason. Always about you eh Ronny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Tactical genius! Bank of four, in front of a bank of five, then hoof it long up to Didier Drog. . (oh, whoops, it isn't DD, but lets hoof it anyways!) Tactical genius,

tactical genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Bad night for him. But he's one of the good guys. :D

As is Carlo. Ronaldo is a tool though. He wonders why people don't like him as much as Messi...the whole 15 celebration would be one reason. Always about you eh Ronny

Does he really wonder that though?? Hardly!

He has been incredibly charitable through the years supporting various charities as well as paying for a 10month olds brain surgery recently as well as cancer treatment for another kid a year or so ago!!!

Messi doesn't even pay his taxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So the wife says to me the other night, "we have a family date on Sunday 11th"....I looked at her in confusion..... "do we??????"

"our daughter has her first Ballet exam"

Cough, splutter.... explitive.

"EHhhhhh do you realise the Giro is coming to town....... enjoy the ballet lesson" :rolleyes:

So the wife says to me the other night, "we have a family date on Sunday 11th"....I looked at her in confusion..... "do we??????"

"EHhhhhh do you realise the Giro is coming to town....... enjoy the ballet lesson" :rolleyes:

Gonna miss it myself have an exam on Monday.
    Sickened!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Good luck with that one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Good luck with that one ;)

Done and dusted my friend.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Does he really wonder that though?? Hardly!

He has been incredibly charitable through the years supporting various charities as well as paying for a 10month olds brain surgery recently as well as cancer treatment for another kid a year or so ago!!!

Messi doesn't even pay his taxes!

I think he does care. It is known he lobbies for the Ballon D'Or. Not the actions of a man who doesn't care what people think about him.

I'm not saying he is not fundamentally a good guy as writers I trust say he is a great guy. But on the pitch he does act like a tool at times. Throwing his hands in the air when team mates don't find him with passes.

And the 15 goal thing was overdone. It was so much all about him. That goal was all about Benzema and Bale putting it on a plate for him. His goalscoring is unreal and he is an amazing player. I just think he would win more fans by being a tad more modest.

I think he does care. It is known he lobbies for the Ballon D'Or. Not the actions of a man who doesn't care what people think about him.

I'm not saying he is not fundamentally a good guy as writers I trust say he is a great guy. But on the pitch he does act like a tool at times. Throwing his hands in the air when team mates don't find him with passes.

And the 15 goal thing was overdone. It was so much all about him. That goal was all about Benzema and Bale putting it on a plate for him. His goalscoring is unreal and he is an amazing player. I just think he would win more fans by being a tad more modest.

Ya maybe. I like seeing the celebrating and frustration though. It shows passion which is what it's all about.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Ya maybe. I like seeing the celebrating and frustration though. It shows passion which is what it's all about.

I agree that passion is needed. My issue with the frustration is that it's too public. It gives off the air of I'm better than these numpties, why won't they just give me the ball (even if unintended)

I've played with guys who did it and they were put in their place fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Maybe a reason to watch a simosons episode again

I agree that passion is needed. My issue with the frustration is that it's too public. It gives off the air of I'm better than these numpties, why won't they just give me the ball (even if unintended)

I've played with guys who did it and they were put in their place fairly sharpish.

Keano also liked to put players in their place fairly sharpish and he seems to hold the lad in high esteem.

Jesus, he's in the spotlight, so any flaw he has will be highlighted and blown out of proportion.
    There are many "Latin" players that do this, it's in their blood, yes Ronaldo seems to be a little worse than some... But the camera cuts to him 100 times more than some.

A good judge is how his teammates view him, they all seem to like the chap.

He's a young lad that's one of the best players in the world and is rarely in the papers for the wrong reasons.
    I've played with lads that played a bit of LOI and they went around as if they were gods gift.

And you don't like him because he comes across a bit confident.... Damn right he should be.

You really have the Liverpool blinkers on with poor old Jose and Ronnie... :)

Keano also liked to put players in their place fairly sharpish and he seems to hold the lad in high esteem.

Jesus, he's in the spotlight, so any flaw he has will be highlighted and blown out of proportion.
    There are many "Latin" players that do this, it's in their blood, yes Ronaldo seems to be a little worse than some... But the camera cuts to him 100 times more than some.

A good judge is how his teammates view him, they all seem to like the chap.

He's a young lad that's one of the best players in the world and is rarely in the papers for the wrong reasons.
    I've played with lads that played a bit of LOI and they went around as if they were gods gift.

And you don't like him because he comes across a bit confident.... Damn right he should be.

You really have the Liverpool blinkers on with poor old Jose and Ronnie... :)

Nothing to do with being a Liverpool fan. I do my best to have unblinkered views. I have been consistent on Jose. When he was in Italy and Spain and had nothing to do with Liverpool I still thought the same on him.

And Ronaldo hasn't come across Liverpool in manys a year (due to us not being in Champs Lge). As I say, I think he is a good guy and a fabulous player but he lets himself down on the pitch at times. As do others...our own Luis springs to mind. I don't mind condfidence but I dislike arrogance. I don't even think of him as being arrogant really I would just like to see a little less of certain things.

And I think it is you who has your view of my views coloured by the fact that you know who I support :D

Ask me an opinion on anything and I will do my best to give you a non-biased view :D

Went up to Ken Dohertys place last night, I had forgotten just how hard snooker was... Not one of us managed a break of 30+ and we all used to play a fair bit!!!

I had a 24 and thought I was Ronnie... I did pot the second black with my bad hand though.... I'm sure a 147 with my weak hand is jusr around the corner. ;):)

Went up to Ken Dohertys place last night, I had forgotten just how hard snooker was... Not one of us managed a break of 30+ and we all used to play a fair bit!!!

I had a 24 and thought I was Ronnie... I did pot the second black with my bad hand though.... I'm sure a 147 with my weak hand is jusr around the corner. ;):)

What are you doing out of the house !!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance,

Your not a proponent of the modern man .

a) How are you posting on here
    b) Trying to organise a game of golf
    c) Playing snooker - because worlds are on.

lol.

See you for a game later.

• Advertisement

Parlance is living the dream!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Time ain't on my side.

****. was good.

So what do people reckon. Do man city have it wrapped up or have Liverpool and Chelsea still got a chance. Not sure myself man city have lost some handy ties this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Maybe if city were playing a team that wanted to win. Come on villa.

Over.

Only plus , is i won 100 euro.

but I'd rather lose the money.

Hi Liverpool fans

Bring back Moyes.

Sorry. Don't.

• Advertisement

Bring back Moyes.

Sorry. Don't.

Moyes won more in 9 months at Utd than wenger has in the last 9 years and more than Rogers will this season.

That's mad ;)

Advertisement