Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

stevieob wrote: »
    do you actualy want to play golf on wednesday?

Is he playing golf Wednesday too :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Dreading work tomorrow.
    Gonna have united fans giving it socks.
    Always had a soft spot for villa......just maybe.

Only good thing - would obviously love it .

Things have got simpler in league title.

City lose a game - Pool will win league.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Dreading work tomorrow.
    Gonna have united fans giving it socks.
    Always had a soft spot for villa......just maybe.

It is a bit sad for United that the biggest part of their season is Pool losing league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

stevieob wrote: »
    do you actualy want to play golf on wednesday?

Ah I wouldn't take too much pleasure in it but it could happen ;)

Com'on Stevie, tis your turn now. It has been a long year for us.

On a serious note, and going back to your post on the squad, it is going to be tricky to get the balance right this summer.
    Ye won't be the next Leeds.
    And we won't be the next Liverpool :);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

It is a bit sad for United that the biggest part of their season is Pool losing league :D

It's been the way for 20 years the opposite way round :)

Take it on the chin.

Serious talk though, Rogers has shown unreal naivety the last two games. It showed the lack of experience in a title race like this. Managers and players.

They will learn though, Rogers will learn. The problem is they won't be this close next year IMO.

All joking aside I'd like to see gerrard win a league. I like him. He's an honest player.

Is he playing golf Wednesday too :eek:

Mother in Law is a golfer and she's heading back on Friday.

The woman is a gem.

Don't worry from Friday onwards that's me gone for a while

ForeRight wrote: »

Take it on the chin.

Serious talk though, Rogers has shown unreal naivety the last two games. It showed the lack of experience in a title race like this. Managers and players.

They will learn though, Rogers will learn. The problem is they won't be this close next year IMO.

All joking aside I'd like to see gerrard win a league. I like him. He's an honest player.

Prick:P

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Going to have a good look at the league table tomorrow. - Probably the last time we'll be top for a while!

..... with a tear in either eye .....

LinksLad wrote: »
    Going to have a good look at the league table tomorrow. - Probably the last time we'll be top for a while!

..... with a tear in either eye .....

I know it is a long shot - but City had to slip up anyway - a slip up is a draw or a loss. As in we needed a big performance from Villa anyway.

City lose - Pool will win league - that is what I'm going to bed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Take it on the chin.

On your last point, as it stands Gerard for me is the best PL player never to have won a league. To be remembered as a player who only won one sort of diminishes that (in my mind anyway).

Anyone hear Rogers after the game? Said something along the lines of "in modern football, 3-0 is a difficult lead". That's just crazy talk. He has done a great job this year, hats off to him. He got Liverpool to a whisper of a league title with one of the worst back 4's in the league. I don't want to see him finish it as a caraciture.

Must pick out a team doing well to follow now -:rolleyes:

If City slip up I think myself and Foreright will be setting up new accounts.

Just had a vision of Andy Carroll getting a hatrick there... City aren't proven winners, oh man....

PARlance wrote: »

Just had a vision of Andy Carroll getting a hatrick there... City aren't proven winners, oh man....

Yes - would ****ing love it.

I honestly will get a site ban if they do.

Great.

The more I think about this - the more I'm thinking - you never know.

Like pool will end up on 84 - that is what I said - just did't see City win 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Must pick out a team doing well to follow now -:rolleyes:

Leicester City is a safe bet!! They won the championship 3 weeks ago! Safe bet.

There will be a ForeLeft joining the forum if that happens

kiers47 wrote: »
    Leicester City is a safe bet!! They won the championship 3 weeks ago! Safe bet.

Na - maybe Atletico. Where do they play - Barcelona.

I might just register that username now and start giving it holly on here!!! ;)

Na - maybe Atletico. Where do they play - Barcelona.

If thats a dig. I said i liked them by no means would i say i support them.

It was more of a Simeone interest that attracted me to them. Which was 3 years ago by the way.

I might just register that username now and start giving it holly on here!!! ;)

I can't set up that name until I learn how to draw the ball lol

• Advertisement

Have 100 euro on City to win League - so Silver Lining - will get my Atletico Jersey out of that.

See that - already know it is not ATHLETICO

Jimdagym wrote: »
    On your last point, as it stands Gerard for me is the best PL player never to have won a league. To be remembered as a player who only won one sort of diminishes that (in my mind anyway).

Anyone hear Rogers after the game? Said something along the lines of "in modern football, 3-0 is a difficult lead". That's just crazy talk. He has done a great job this year, hats off to him. He got Liverpool to a whisper of a league title with one of the worst back 4's in the league. I don't want to see him finish it as a caraciture.

I'm not trying to rise ye but I've said it all along, I actually think Rogers is overrated as a manager.
    He's good, he may be great but I just feel that he really piggy backed on his Swansea success and tbh the foundations were laid there long before he got there.

I actually think he just took the Swansea/Martinez style of play and ran with it.

Again, not meant to be a pop. But I do think he has tactical and mental weaknesses that he needs to improve upon.
    In fairness to him, he's shown a lot more mental strength this year.

Have 100 euro on City to win League - so Silver Lining - will get my Atletico Jersey out of that.

See that - already know it is not ATHLETICO

But do you know why?

What odds you get Fix?

FORERIGHT - you could change it to ****STIRRERITUPPADDYISBACK

What odds you get Fix?

evens.

Nice!!!!

You'll never guess i have a Falcao Jersey for sale for exactly 200!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm not trying to rise ye but I've said it all along, I actually think Rogers is overrated as a manager.
    He's good, he may be great but I just feel that he really piggy backed on his Swansea success and tbh the foundations were laid there long before he got there.

I actually think he just took the Swansea/Martinez style of play and ran with it.

Again, not meant to be a pop. But I do think he has tactical and mental weaknesses that he needs to improve upon.
    In fairness to him, he's shown a lot more mental strength this year.

No pop to me, I don't follow liverpool! He can't be called great when his defence lets in that many goals, but he certainly brought liverpool forward this year. If Chelsea had Suarez this year they would have won the league in March.

But do you know why?

Give us a beak - only following them 5 minutes.

As luck should have it - we have a champions league final in my first year.

I LOVE MADRID - **** is that right :o:p

• Advertisement

City lose - Liverpool Cruise to title.

Advertisement