Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

PARlance wrote: »
    Tick tock

MJ_Popcorn.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I still find it odd that united fans would rather City win the league than Liverpool.

WE OG AGAIN

Hah?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

kiers47 wrote: »
    I still find it odd that united fans would rather City win the league than Liverpool.

Why?

I know 1 City fan and 100's of Pool fans that I'd have to listen to.

• Advertisement

Why?

Hardly comparable but I know 1 Sunderland fan and 100s of pool united arsenal and Chelsea fans. And my god it kills me if they even finish ahead of us in the league. I think if they won it I might have a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Why?

Yes, but spare a thought for self-professed Baggies fans on here who apparently have been mercilessly slagged off here this year. :p:p:p

The rest I couldn't care less what order they finish in.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Hardly comparable but I know 1 Sunderland fan and 100s of pool united arsenal and Chelsea fans. And my god it kills me if they even finish ahead of us in the league. I think if they won it I might have a stroke.

Didn't realise there was such tension between Athlectio Madrid and Sunderland. :);)

Didn't realise there was such tension between Athlectio Madrid and Sunderland. :);)

Haha
    I'm a toon fan. I never said I was an atletico fan. Said I liked them. Although really looking forward to the end of la liga. Will be a cracker however it goes.

• Advertisement

LinksLad wrote: »
    Yes, but spare a thought for self-professed Baggies fans on here who apparently have been mercilessly slagged off here this year. :p:p:p

In pepe Mel we trust!!!

That's his name, right???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Went out to Malahide today to watch the Giro. Did 54m on my bike which I have hardly been on in a year and not done that kind of distance in at least 18 months.

I averaged 25km/ph over and probably less than 20km/ph back with savage winds and legs that wanted to just give up. The stage today was 187km and they averaged 42km/ph.... a slow day!!!!!

Utmost respect for these guys, probably the toughest endurance sport there is.

Was parked up on a nice swooping bend, and I would reckon they easily took it at 35-40km/ph.

13977147260_78abdfa2cb_z.jpgZOE_0279_2 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977147487_370945b880_z.jpgZOE_0279_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

14140644916_50febeb9b8_z.jpgZOE_0279_3 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977165710_b8e71992f3_z.jpgZOE_0282_2 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977173850_57d6cb6421_z.jpgZOE_0282_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977167609_9dc8bc3d1e_z.jpgZOE_0283_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977200320_44323cb319_z.jpgZOE_0283_3 by stevieob, on Flickr

14140683286_3ce4b1d162_z.jpgZOE_0284_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

14160524091_a360d6f3d9_z.jpgZOE_0285_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977209418_68f7ccab95_z.jpgZOE_0286_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

14160527941_ea528e6bfc_z.jpgZOE_0287_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

14163948604_9146a17dea_z.jpgZOE_0288_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977216067_86749da781_z.jpgZOE_0288_2 by stevieob, on Flickr

13977211539_bdbcdce9c2_z.jpgZOE_0289_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

14160548641_7584656bde_z.jpgZOE_0291_1 by stevieob, on Flickr

Liverpool didn't win the league Stevie... Just in case you missed it with all the cycling :);)

You'd be well able to go 42km/h if you were on half the stuff they are ;)
    With all the gear they're on...The only problem they have is slowing down :)

Respect in fairness but I haven't followed cycling in years and won't until they clean it up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was big into it myself.

But every single person I ever followed in tour - ended up on drugs.

The Floyd Landis episode was one of the last straws. Then when one of the Schlecks was done - a little bit of cycling died for me.

Not to mention
    Armstrong
    Basso
    Hamilton
    Contrador

yea yea yea

football season is over :) well done city, and i don't care what yis say, well done Liverpool on a really credible 2nd. I think it has to be said, from where they were last year, probably the team of the season.

in fairness to the cyclists, i don't think the drugs is as much an issue anymore but what do i know! you could pump me full of them and give me endless transfusions, i still could not even contemplate competing with those guys.

you can't see it, but that guy in the last pic was so unbelievably torn up and shredded from a fall, it was amazing he could get up on his bike again, let alone catch the rest of the peleton at the speeds they were doing. i know he was drafting the cars, but still.... respect.

i actually did 1km today in 1min 15... an average of 48km/ph. i was nowhere near flat out, but no way could i have done it for much more than 5 or 10k in the right conditions on the right roads.

ps my top speed ever is 82km/ph and fastest km is 58 seconds.

Season is over.

Are we all mates again? No more slagging I promise!

Nobody slag west brom and I want slag Liverpool until next year. There probably won't be much to slag though as I've heard next year is their year

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

ForeRight wrote: »
    Season is over.

Are we all mates again? No more slagging I promise!

Nobody slag west brom and I want slag Liverpool until next year. There probably won't be much to slag though as I've heard next year is their year
    There will be neither slagging of your spelling, nor slagging of your grammar, ForelLeft. Not until August/September anyway!

Bests. . . . !

LinksLad wrote: »
    There will be neither slagging of your spelling, nor slagging of your grammar, ForelLeft. Not until August/September anyway!

Bests. . . . !

You can't slag grammar or spelling when someone is posting off an iPhone ;)

Typos all the time off it

You can't slag grammar or spelling when someone is posting off an iPhone ;)

Typos all the time off it

I wouldn't hold the odd slip up against anybody.
    Be it iPhone or Premier league related.

all friends again :)

i guess this is now going to turn into the world cup thread :D

• Advertisement

In pepe Mel we trust!!!

That's his name, right???

In Pepe Mel we don't trust it seems!!
    Moyes in!!!

The wet conditions in the Giro yesterday looked like it might cause Fu**in Mayhem!!!!

Oh dear oh dear Sean.... you did not say that did you!!!!

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads never seen any Bear Grylls stuff before.

Watching The Island - Monday - they put a load of blokes on an Island and they have to fend for themselves.

Channel 4.

Worth watching from 1st episode if you can.

Van Gaal!!!

A new era hopefully after a shocking season

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Van Gaal!!!

A new era hopefully after a shocking season

Sacked by barca, sacked by bayern....sacked after failing to get to World Cup with Dutch in 2002! This will be epic!!!

Dealerz wrote: »
    Sacked by barca, sacked by bayern....sacked after failing to get to World Cup with Dutch in 2002! This will be epic!!!

Look up what he did with barca and Bayern before he got sacked. 90% of managers in the end fall on their sword but you can't forget what they achieved before that.

He Started the barca revolution in 02 and did the same at Bayern but people don't take note of that

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Look up what he did with barca and Bayern before he got sacked. 90% of managers in the end fall on their sword but you can't forget what they achieved before that.

He Started the barca revolution in 02 and did the same at Bayern but people don't take note of that

I agree with you on his success but I also think his stubbornness will bring him to the 90% above sooner rather than later.

I agree with you on his success but I also think his stubbornness will bring him to the 90% above sooner rather than later.

Maybe so.

All I know is he is better than moyes already and he is in the job a few hours

We did alright under our last stubborn manager ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Hope he gets a few good signings in.

Can't see Giggs contributing much though, considering how stubborn LVG reputedly is.
    Either way a competitive Utd is a good thing for the PL and its worldwide audience.
    A great signing imo.

Advertisement