Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

PARlance wrote: »
    We did alright under our last stubborn manager ;)

Purple nose had full control of the club, wasn't even sacked over the horse business- don't confuse stubbornness with a dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hope he gets a few good signings in.

Can't see Giggs contributing much though, considering how stubborn LVG reputedly is.
    Either way a competitive Utd is a good thing for the PL and its worldwide audience.
    A great signing imo.

Sure many successful teams have had low points and it has not stopped the development of football. At the end of the day it is TV deals and the companies bidding that determines the scale of football - advertisement and football as a sport is growing. Sure I can't see any harm in united being in the doldrums for 20 years.

Football moves onto who is successful - sure nobody could see beyond Barca 3 years ago and now.....Bayern --- now Real are on the up.

Italian Soccer was all the rage in the early 90s

Blackburn won the Premier League in 1994/95
    Man City 15 years ago was a joke of a club.
    Newcastle were a big deal 15 years ago.
    Liverpool were a big deal 20 years ago.

Sport is dispassionate - United shouldn't lose the run of themselves too much - the world cup is on next month and not too many united players will even feature.

So not that important if they fail or succeed. The 30 odd million they lose is going back into the game.

Sorry - if they fail , but hard luck. Can't see a young lad from Asia giving up on football or a young lad not going out and buying whoever else in on top , gear or boots.
    It is a sign of a great sport if success is a transient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Dealerz wrote: »
    Purple nose had full control of the club, wasn't even sacked over the horse business- don't confuse stubbornness with a dictatorship.

Sorry I have to bite here.

Any rational or sensible point you make is utterly meaningless when you say stuff like Purple nose. Just my opinion of course.

And I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Yeah they should have thrown out the most successful manager of his generation. You're dead right.

Lads stop struggling, I need to take the hook out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ForeRight wrote: »
    Yeah they should have thrown out the most successful manager of his any generation. You're dead right.

FYP..... it galls me to say it cause i don't like the man and his mannerisms, but he really was the best manager ever.

he was a massive loss for utd. but it was great for the game, and it really showed us all the difference a good manager can make to a team.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Looks like it's going to be some week for Athletico!

Edit: oh dear

Looks like it's going to be some week for Athletico!

Edit: oh dear

Nice edit 😜

Nice edit 😜

Bale- made a mess of 3 chances but has "probably" just scored the winner! The difference between average players and winners!

Edit: they won't stop scoring now!!!

Also, don't ever make Simone angry!!

Just saw bale been asked to take his national flag off so the sponsors logo can be seen.... Football is sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Also, don't ever make Simone angry!!
    He did seem at tad upset, didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

LinksLad wrote: »
    He did seem at tad upset, didn't he?

The new Jose!

Rickie Lambert 6m

LFC attracting all the 32yr old big guns for the champions league

*ducks behind couch*

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

ForeRight wrote: »
    Rickie Lambert 6m

LFC attracting all the 32yr old big guns for the champions league

*ducks behind couch*
    If you have ducks behind the couch, open the door, then tell them to get the quack out!

LinksLad wrote: »
    If you have ducks behind the couch, open the door, then tell them to get the quack out!

Touché sir ;)

Go Ricky Go!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Froch vs groves. Going George myself

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Froch vs groves. Going George myself

I think groves had his chance in the first one- looks a bit overwhelmed ever since. So I must be going for froch after that- don't think it will go distance.

Edit: apparently there is a pub in dublin telling locals they are showing the fight- only issue is, it's the first fight!

Boom- punch of a champ.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just class, better with sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdaO6t7utwo

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

After watching that game - If Brazil win world cup - I'll.....................

Anyway - strange thing to say - but Brazil was always lovable, nothing to love about that team.

Not to mention the unlikability of Scolari.

Can't wait to see them get hammered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Agreed fix, seemed like no passion or flair for a Brazilian side. And no personalities either

All the decent football came from Croatia who were pretty hard done by to be honest.

Would be amazed if they went on to win it, but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Penalty was a horrible shout, Neymar only getting a yellow when they were 1-0 down was worse.
    Lined Modric up for an elbow and the ball wasn't within an asses roar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Lovely round this morning. Just finished a BBQ for lunch, now stretched out on the couch watching the US Open resting up for a trip to the pub to watch the World Cup later.

Not all Fridays are created equal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

That hotties thread over in the soccer forum....

Lads loving Robben in this world cup - first time I have not put money on the Dutch in a major and..............

Funny how he has grown in a different set up like Germany - he had a hard enough time from UK to Spain and now a new man in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Mexico are looking strong at this point I must admit, the way they clinically disposed of the bigger and stronger Croat's last night was impressive.

Uruguay - skin of their teeth. In next round.

Metallica rocking Glastonbury! Although with 3/4 of them bald and grey, it's also a bit sad that not even rock can stop the march of time! Sad but true.

Getting in the zone for captains day!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5goISKPSH8&sns=em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Always a back log on the 4th

Advertisement