Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum Feedback (Please thank this post so we know you have seen it)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Rikand wrote: »
    Gorfield made an implication about the player and the club
    So you made an implication about his past posting.

Just like Gorfields post where he didn't go into specifics, neither did you. Therefore, it was an implication of wrong doing
    The thing is I made no such implication, I clearly stated that he didn't like people talking about him. That's a fact. What's wrong with that exactly? I didn't mention his pay posting at all.

btw, don't resign on my account.

Gorfield has resigned, so I think that pretty much settles it

This is the one thing that really irks me about this whole situation. Everytime there's an infraction or some bone of contention, it's a "take it to PM's kind of a situation". Why couldnt you have just contact Gorfield by PM and said :: " Hey, you've done this thing before. Cut it out ta feck....." or " remember what happened last time you said something controversial and you got us to delete stuff..... " something like that.

I explained this before, if we do things in private there is a problem, no a warning in public is the problem.
    Again he didn't do this before, he complained about someone else doing what he just did himself.
    Nope, instead you publicly imply his past discretions in the thread.

And you can say that you didn't actually say them all you want. You implied there was something more sinister at hand, whether you want to admit it or not. To me, It was implied!

It was through this implication that i was able to find out what had happened before. Whereas before your post, I would have been none the wiser

I didn't even nearly mention anything in his past other than his complaints. Seriously, check my post.
    I'm getting a bit sick of people making baseless accusations.
    Show me anything I said that implies anything sinister.
    I purely referenced referenced the fact that he complained about someone taking about him.
    Not once did I mention what it was the other user posted about, yet I'm being castigated here as if I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

GreeBo wrote: »
    Yep, just as soon as someone presents a shred of evidence for what I'm being accused of.

Btw this is the feedback thread, not the daily mail.

What are you accusing the daily mail of?

Why the daily mail over any other newspaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

I brought it back up to explain to the poster why what they were doing was wrong.

No I'm the dark night, not what you want but what you need.

There is your problem there, full of your own self importance, you are not a good mod, an you should just stay as a poster, were you can argue your point on everything till your hearts content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Ban them all Greebo pal.

You're gone soft. Old Greebo would be swinging ban hammer like Thor in here.

In Greebo we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Sorry whats not ok? That I reply in exactly the same way as gorfield has accused me of? Am I suddenly not entitled to a point of view, not entitled to defend myself?

Are you not held to a higher standard of behaviour because you're a MOD of the golf forum? Surely you are? I don't think you see that Greebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

The criticism here is way over the top imo. The original post was so clearly out of line that he had to know a mod comment was coming. You could argue that the reference to the past was a little unnecessary but in the context of his own previous indignation it was well justified.

Why should a mod be held to a higher standard? That's just mad, they're not bishops (as far as we know).

It's as if some of ye have been waiting for an opportunity to have a go at Greebo, this isn't it imo.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have already warned in this thread about posters using it to level specific criticism of mods. That must not be done within the forum. If you have a complaint about a mod, ideally discuss it with the mod via PM first. Your next port of call is a CMod. If you are stll not satisfied you may start a thread in the Help Desk (please note, not the Feedbck forum - that is for widder matters and not specific mod complaints)

If you wish to discuss whether the weight of a sportperson is a valid topic of discussion here, then go ahead. If you wish to discuss specific mods or look to criticise their actions in the forum, this is not the place

If anyone has any questions, please PM me - do not respond to this message in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Domo1982 wrote: »
    Are you not held to a higher standard of behaviour because you're a MOD of the golf forum? Surely you are? I don't think you see that Greebo

This is unfair, greebo the poster is seperate to greebo the mod.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This really is not the place to discuss such specifics - it is more a point for the general Feedback forum. However I will simply say that within the forum(s) they mod we clearly expect mods both to uphold forum and site rules but also to ensure they do the same themselves within those forums.

Mods are treated no differently than ordinary users when posting outside the forum(s) they mod. That does not preclude any mod from contributing to discussions within the forums they mod (and again if anyone has an issue with that, it should be raised within the Feedback forum, and certainly not this thread)

Again though this is not a matter for discussion here and can we now move away from any specific complaints anyone may have about any specific incident. Forum Feedback threads are started to discuss the general direction of a forum and any forum-specific rules (which never take precedence over site rules)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm going to back Beasty up and say this:
    If you have a complaint about a mod, please use the helpdesk forum.
    If you have a suggestion that you think would improve the forum, by all means please post it in a civil manner and it will be welcomed.

Please note that any attack / criticism of any member of the forum (be they mod or not) falls under the personal abuse rules and is not tolerated on boards. There are ample mechanisms in place for you to voice any concerns you may have without having to stoop to that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

shabalala wrote: »
    Seems to me, an occasional poster that Greebo is a poor Mod, gets personal, takes things too far and won't admit to being wrong. Not Mod behaviour no matter what the forum. Seems he's an asshole. Pologies but that's my opinion.

OK, maybe you thought I was kidding?

Have a week off, thanks. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Steve wrote: »
    OK, maybe you thought I was kidding?

Have a week off, thanks. :)

Beat me too it. I would have given more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

#Tumbleweed

Has anyone any info on Greebo? I sent him a pm but it looks like he hasn't logged in since the last post on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭bustercherry

#Tumbleweed

Has anyone any info on Greebo? I sent him a pm but it looks like he hasn't logged in since the last post on here?

It will anarchy on here now you pointed that out.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

#Tumbleweed

There was a similar "where is GreeBo" thread deleted earlier today so I'll make an assumption that GreeBo is off limits.

• Advertisement

It will anarchy on here now you pointed that out.....

There are 7 mods in total here, knock yourself out if you think things are going to be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

Am I allowed to say the greens in a particular club are crap? (Serious question)

Pints? wrote: »
    Am I allowed to say the greens in a particular club are crap? (Serious question)

This thread is for feedback on the forum not on courses etc.

If you played the course and were unhappy with the greens thats ok, but if you heard from someone who knew someone who played there.....then thats not! Have a quick look over the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭bustercherry

charlieIRL wrote: »
    There are 7 mods in total here, knock yourself out if you think things are going to be any different.

Irony is clearly lost on you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I think all 7 mods are doing sterling jobs. Keep up the good work gents.

If there's any openings happening I'd like to submit a copy of my cv if an extra pair of fingers are needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ForeRight ForMod!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight ForMod!

Watch if ForeRight was mod - first rule - red card for anybody who says "He is Back"
    Except ForeRight

Bring Back Greeb.

Right, I think this thread has run its course for now. Points noted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement