Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Mail Eircom server issues

• 22-12-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Could someone please help me out im having email issues with my macbook and Eircom mail.

The mac mail automatically sets up your servers and mail, but for some reason it wont receive mail and keeps telling me that port 25 has timed out.
    it will send the mail ok but not receive.

It only happens with Eircom mail, hotmail works ok.

Help appreciated,

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Xpro wrote: »
    Hi all,

Could someone please help me out im having email issues with my macbook and Eircom mail.

The mac mail automatically sets up your servers and mail, but for some reason it wont receive mail and keeps telling me that port 25 has timed out.
    it will send the mail ok but not receive.

It only happens with Eircom mail, hotmail works ok.

Help appreciated,

Do a search for "Eircom" on this thread, its the same details as used on the iDevices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

whiterebel wrote: »
    Do a search for "Eircom" on this thread, its the same details as used on the iDevices.

Thanks i did.

My Iphone and iPad works fine with Eircom, no issues at all with i devices.

The issues is related to my macbook pro and Mail (6.2). The mac will send mail, but it wont receive?

regards,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think server port should be 110, not 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Thanks, Sorted:)

Advertisement