Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S WiFi Media Player 4.2 for £73

Options
  • 22-12-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi,
    Got a Samsung Galaxy S WiFi Media Player 4.2 for £73 from Amazon uk

It is NOT a phone but a media player. It maybe good for somebody as alternative to Ipod touch which currently retail for double the price.
    I know it has weaknesses, e.g single core ,ICS etc
    but.. i just had a look as received it from amazon (present for the son 12 years old).
    Its very nice, comes with 8GB sd and 3 covers, plays any movie , ebooks , fm radio, games (inlcs Fifa 12 and need for speed). Son can use viber to talk/text friends. I had galaxy S phone and now have Lumia 800 and this player is worth the money.
    I think its a very nice present and good value.
    pajoe
    I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Hard to argue with that for the price. Micro SD cards have gotten so cheap, you could easily have yourself a 40gb media player for not a lot more than €100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Very tempted at that price and great reviews on Amazon.can anyone tell me is there a movie store available on the o/s with this.i have a blackberry playbook but nothing directly available on its o/s, was using i tab movies but thats gone which is a right pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Looking to replace my venerable 5 year old iPod classic now, I'm tempted by this option but I'm used to having 160gb, where I guess the max this is capable of is 40gb ? Still thought nice find !

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭cassette50

imitation wrote: »
    Looking to replace my venerable 5 year old iPod classic now, I'm tempted by this option but I'm used to having 160gb, where I guess the max this is capable of is 40gb ? Still thought nice find !

It can take a 64 gb microsd...I have one in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yeah, but to make it 72GB (64 + 8), it would be about 150€, when you factor in the €50 cost of a 64gb microSD Still a good deal I guess..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Might be good for spotify

Advertisement