Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - still waiting on NAC code to unlock

Options
  • 22-12-2012 4:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I applied online to Vodafone for my NAC number in order to unlock my iphone to switch to a new network about 2 weeks ago. Says it can take up to 11 days but still no word.

Has anyone else endured this wait and is the NAC code emailed or sent as a text message by them?

Is there any point calling them or will they not give it out over the phone?

I can't move networks until I'm able to unlock the phone and insert a new sim.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Join the club...i'm waiting 2 full weeks now...i'd like to think they keep you hanging on hoping you'll change your mind or get fed up....
    Went onto the forum but theres no help there just a load of wan*ers with too much time on their hands and no advice....
    Also i cant seem to be able to log into My Vodafone now....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Email them(formally), CC comreg, might just hurry them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

After registrated on vodafone website for my NAC code,2-3 calls to costumer care,emails and sorted,that was for a Nokia N95 balck with Iphone 4 from them was a little bit easier ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

panama wrote: »
    I applied online to Vodafone for my NAC number in order to unlock my iphone to switch to a new network about 2 weeks ago. Says it can take up to 11 days but still no word.

Has anyone else endured this wait and is the NAC code emailed or sent as a text message by them?

Is there any point calling them or will they not give it out over the phone?

I can't move networks until I'm able to unlock the phone and insert a new sim.
    Cheers

There is no NAC for an iPhone. VF request it from Apple, who send the unlock message via iTunes. This can take up to 10 working days. Best thing is to get a SIM from another operator, and try it every now and again. I think VF text you when it is ready to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funkymonks134

Dear OP
    How long did it take for them to get back to you? Been waiting 3 weeks now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement