Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Cash if you're going to Tesco- credit card facility is not working there

Options
  • 22-12-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Just had someone tell me that they spent over an hr filling their trolley in Tesco and then got to the checkout to find they couldn't take his credit card as the facility is down.He said lots of people were just having to leave their trolleys and go home empty handed because they didn't have cash. Not sure if it affects laser but if you're planning on paying by CC get cash at the ATM instead and save yourself some hassle.
    Worst day of the year for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Which one - Galway Shopping Centre or Oranmore? (guessing it's not possible to fill a trolley at the express ones :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

dont like tesco anyway, i find it very dear,, and i dont like the way they put other prices of other shops next to their prices like ldl, they were in court over that last week ,so glad ldl won compo'' and gave it to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Must be galway shopping centre, cause oranmore was working a hour ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

He said lots of people were just having to leave their trolleys and go home empty handed because they didn't have cash.

There's an ATM just outside the door...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

cats.life wrote: »
    i dont like the way they put other prices of other shops next to their prices like ldl, they were in court over that last week ,so glad ldl won compo'' and gave it to charity.
    You got a link to that? Surely if the prices they are saying Lidl charge are accurate then there is no problem.
    J o e wrote: »
    Three of them, and another 2 about 5 mins away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You got a link to that? Surely if the prices they are saying Lidl charge are accurate then there is no problem.

It was Aldi in fact

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1207/tesco-to-pay-aldi-150-000-in-damages-business.html

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

J o e wrote: »

Yeah, but you know how uptight here people are about their groceries and space ... absolutely gotta have ase[arapr betweem tje,amdptjerscouldn't possibly abandon a trolley inside the shop for two minutes while going to an ATM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Ah cheers. I was right too... it was because they were incorrect. It sounded like the other poster there objected to the actual practise itself, but if done properly it's only beneficial to the consumer.

Advertisement