Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Divisional Round

Options
  • 22-12-2012 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

NFC

Chicago Bears @ Washington Redskins

New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

AFC

Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets

Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Best of luck to all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers are available all of this evening and tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

SantryRed wrote: »
    NFC

Chicago Bears @ Washington Redskins

New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

AFC

Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Jets

Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Best of luck to all :)

Could you imagine that line up in real life :o?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paddy,

I could do tonight at 7 if you're about?

Unfortunately, after that, I'm going to Belfast tomorrow, have a crap load to do on Xmas Eve but could possibly squeeze it in before heading the pub about 6, and could do the 27th but not too late as I'm off out again that night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs @ Jags

Mikey, I am around this evening from around 10. Also around on Sunday evening after 10 ( I might be able to do Sunday afternoon depending on the time ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

gufc21 wrote: »
    Could you imagine that line up in real life :o?

The draft order has made the league more even, but the cream rises to the top anyway. Even if we had 32 players last year and some of the great players had the REALLY bad teams I think they would still make the playoffs. Shows that a good understanding of the game and what plays to call counts just as much as being able to play the game. What pick places have made this round? Most are mid table picks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Paddy,

I could do tonight at 7 if you're about?

Unfortunately, after that, I'm going to Belfast tomorrow, have a crap load to do on Xmas Eve but could possibly squeeze it in before heading the pub about 6, and could do the 27th but not too late as I'm off out again that night :pac:

Can you get on around 6 30 would suit me better if not tonight i wont be around till the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Nelbert, tonight would be awesome, I'm not totally sure what time though, possibly 8? Back at the parents for Xmas so is that ok?

Can you get on around 6 30 would suit me better if not tonight i wont be around till the 27th.

Sorry Paddy but I've gone out for a bite to eat so can't get on til 7/7:15? I'm about til about 9 if later suits? If not 27th is good.

Sorry Paddy but I've gone out for a bite to eat so can't get on til 7/7:15? I'm about til about 9 if later suits? If not 27th is good.

Lets leave it till the 27th I should be around all day we can sort a time out later in the week.

Raoul wrote: »
    Nelbert, tonight would be awesome, I'm not totally sure what time though, possibly 8? Back at the parents for Xmas so is that ok?

yeah that would be fine. Be gentle though, I'm ungodly hungover and it's getting worse by the minute!

• Advertisement

Nelbert wrote: »
    yeah that would be fine. Be gentle though, I'm ungodly hungover and it's getting worse by the minute!

Will give you an extra half hour. Waiting for people to leave

Will give you an extra half hour. Waiting for people to leave
    Ready when you are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

No message from the steelers , he fears me already .... He should probably just go on auto pilot so he doesnt have to witness first hand the destruction of his team .

Nelbert, having a nightmare here. We have visitors, hoping that I will be on shortly after nine, sorry.

Saints go through, think the score was 44-21 in the end. Had a disaster getting this played. Tried three times and it cut out each time around the halfway point. It was my net, so I set up the Xbox using a wired connection which was not a pretty site, extension leads out the hallway, modem in the hall, messy. Each game cut out with one person just winning by a couple of points.

Every game was the same. Sproles v finley! Two guys had monster games but sproles got the better in the end with 5 td rushes and almost 300 yards. Turning out to be a great playoff for Darren.

Again sorry nelbert for all the restarts. I really enjoyed all the games though, lots of great offense, not much d at all.

Edit - come on d bears!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Lets get these ''friendlies'' played as quick as ye can, can i suggest all game played on christmas day :cool:

more important matters are ahead in the off season :P

still a little hungover

Saints go through, think the score was 44-21 in the end. Had a disaster getting this played. Tried three times and it cut out each time around the halfway point. It was my net, so I set up the Xbox using a wired connection which was not a pretty site, extension leads out the hallway, modem in the hall, messy. Each game cut out with one person just winning by a couple of points.

Every game was the same. Sproles v finley! Two guys had monster games but sproles got the better in the end with 5 td rushes and almost 300 yards. Turning out to be a great playoff for Darren.

Again sorry nelbert for all the restarts. I really enjoyed all the games though, lots of great offense, not much d at all.

Edit - come on d bears!!!!!!!
    Was a great 3 hour Madden session in fairness. Sproles for about 500 yards total over all the games.
    Turnovers killed me in the deciding game. Few at key times. The one just before halftime which you scored from in particular.
    Need help on both sides of the line in the draft.
    Would trade Benson and my first two round picks for an upgrade at RB though.

Mikey. I should be around all afternoon Sunday and the Sunday night later ( after 10 )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Berty44 wrote: »
    Mikey. I should be around all afternoon Sunday and the Sunday night later ( after 10 )

Sorry I havent been on, my laptop was stolen on Thursday and it's been awkward to get online.

Tonight doesn't work for me, I'm out again. Could probably do some time tomorrow if you're around, although if you can't make it I can do some time on the 26th and 27th.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Sorry I havent been on, my laptop was stolen on Thursday and it's been awkward to get online.

Tonight doesn't work for me, I'm out again. Could probably do some time tomorrow if you're around, although if you can't make it I can do some time on the 26th and 27th.
    No problem. Sorry to hear about your laptop.

In the interests of personal safety I can't do tomorrow or 26th/27th.

Next available for me is the evening of the 28th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The jets take advantage of some bad luck. The jets had two long drives in first two quarters but both times the Steelers D steeped up and prevent touchdowns with some excellent play calling .

After taking a field goal. Making it 6-0 the jets kick off to the steelers . The Steeles fumble the kick off . Steelers D is gased at this point. The jets play action and score a touchdown . 13-0. The steelers need something . Sadly after a play action it's picked off. The jets have a short field and score a field goal 16-0.

The second half sees the jets get ball and score a touchdown . 24-0 . At this point the jets knew the Steelers were passing .

Hard luck ET the fumble was a killer after your defense had played so well . See you next season !

Berty I've a new laptop now, and the 28th sounds good for me, I've nothing planned that day, I'll let you know if that changes.

Paddy,

Tomorrow is good for me between 5-8:30 start. If no good, I'm about all day Friday if you wanna play then.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Berty I've a new laptop now, and the 28th sounds good for me, I've nothing planned that day, I'll let you know if that changes.
    Good stuff. Sometime between 7 and 10 that evening is best for me.

Paddy,

Tomorrow is good for me between 5-8:30 start. If no good, I'm about all day Friday if you wanna play then.

Lets say 7 30 then if that suits you

Washington Redskins 38-14 Chicago Bears

The Washington Redskins advance to the NFC Championship game in a game which could have been a hell of a lot different for the Chicago Bears. The game opened up with the Redskins being forced 3 and out and punting to the Bears. The Bears then scored a quick TD, hitting Hester early, who then ate up the turf for a 60+ yard TD pass. The Redskins were then stopped again just before Field Goal range and the Bears got the ball back. A series of key drops, especially a Marshall drop on a 3rd and 10 which would have put the Bears in Field Goal range, were crucial as the game developed.

After this, RGIII and the Washington Defense got into the game a bit more, and at 14-7 with a minute left in the first half, had a key third and goal. Nothing was opened and Griffin wanted to slide down, I stupidly pressed X to slide while still behind the line of scrimmage, so the ball was floated up to Peppers to pick him off :pac:

Amazingly, this actually worked out for the Redskins, as a pick was thrown by Cutler, allowing Griffin to get up to the 5 yard line before Helu got in. And then on a hail mary at the end of the half, Meriweather picked off Cutler again, and somehow weaved through all 11 Bears players before getting into the end zone as time expired in the half.

The Bears knew they needed something quickly in the 2nd half and got it immediately, as Forte broke the line of scrimmage and got a 70 yard TD. Unfortunately for the Bears, on the next Washington drive, they converted several key third downs, which eventually got them into the end zone with 1 minute left on the third quarter clock and it gave the Bears too much to do.

Thanks a lot for the game Paddy, could have been a lot different. Miss our NFC North tussles :pac:

Stats:

RGIII: 17/21 234 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
    Cutler: 9/23 190 yards 1 TD 4 INT

Helu Jr: 33 attempts for 200 yards and 2 TDs
    Forte: 11 attempts for 132 yards and 1 TD

Berty we still on for tonight? 8.30 good for you?

Yep 8:30 is absolutely perfect ! See you then !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep 8:30 is absolutely perfect ! See you then !
    Mikey there seems to a huge issue connecting to XBL which is affecting a wide range of regions. Microsoft have confirmed these problems. It is affecting UPC customers in Ireland, which I am , not sure about other services.

I am still on for tonight at 8:30 if I can get on XBL. If I cannot connect I will post in here.

( with thanks to Helimachoptor who pointed me towards all the info on this problem ! )

• Advertisement

It's back working..... for the moment anyway !

Advertisement