Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions regarding a course

Options
  • 22-12-2012 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about going back to college and applying to a course in UL in January. Do the entry points still apply for mature students? Im 25 points short of last years CAO. Also I dont meet the entry requirments:
    In addition, applicants are required to hold at least the following in the Leaving certificate, or an approved equivalent; Grade B3 in Ordinary Level Mathematics (Grade D3 in Higher Level Mathematics also suffices) and a Grade D3 at Higher Level (or Grade C3 or above at Ordinary Level) in any one of the following:Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Physics with Chemistry,Art, Engineering,Technical Drawing/Design & Communication Graphics,Technology, Construction Studies,Agricultural Science, Biology.
    I didnt do any of those subjects at the bottom in the leaving cert.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

NinjaK wrote: »
    Im thinking about going back to college and applying to a course in UL in January. Do the entry points still apply for mature students? Im 25 points short of last years CAO. Also I dont meet the entry requirments:

I didnt do any of those subjects at the bottom in the leaving cert.

Thanks

Mature students, generally, are considered on a case by case basis. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

If those are the requirements you must be applying for a Science or Engineering degree.

I am currently a mature student in UL, i have finished 3rd year exams and am on coop in Jan. I never even did a leaving cert and had no science background only and interest for the subject matter. Apply direct to the college there is an open day in February usually and seek out and speak to the course leader, i think direct applications have to be in around Easter.

Advertisement