Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non competitive open water swims 2013

• 22-12-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

Would love to a few open water swims in 2013 but would prefer a non race type event if there is such a thing e.g. charity swims etc.. Does anyone know if such events exist?

Many thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Most of the OW swim I did in the Munster region are non competitive. Now when I say non competitive I mean, there are no prices or announcements on who won, etc. Most of these swims to finish is to win, irrespective of your time.

Then there are a few which are officially timed, with prices.
    Please don't let that put you off swimming these OW events. Someone will be slower than you and you are better than those who are not swimming.

Just get in and enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

Mulroy Bay Swim in Donegal in August. Short and sweet, if you are in the area, great community event. 1km and 1500m events

http://www.facebook.com/mulroyswim?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Orla Christina Kaiser

i've been thinking about OW swim for the last two years, and i'm going to do it this year. I will definately be non-competitive, so from what i've read here i'll be doing a 1 or 2 km swim if that exists in Munster!

i've been thinking about OW swim for the last two years, and i'm going to do it this year. I will definately be non-competitive, so from what i've read here i'll be doing a 1 or 2 km swim if that exists in Munster!

There are a good few 1-2km OW swims held in Munster each year. The 2013 calendar won't be issued for a few months, in the mean time you can review the 2012 calendar below
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=78483968

Nothing to hold you back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

okane1 wrote: »
    Nothing to hold you back!!
    Except the jellyfish! I deffo plan on doing some ow swims this year too, get away from the endless lengths.

• Advertisement

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Except the jellyfish! I deffo plan on doing some ow swims this year too, get away from the endless lengths.

Jellyfish don't have arms to hold you!
    In fact, you tend to swim faster with them around - get me the hell out of here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Anyone know of any OW swim events in Kerry over the August Bank Holiday weekend?

Alternatively, any boardsies around that weekend fancy a decent group swim? I was thinking something like Rossbeigh to Inch and back or maybe in the lakes near Killarney, suggestions welcome.

Advertisement