Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Hair Colour - Am I Mad?

• 22-12-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I change my hair often, whether it's the colour or the style, and have had my hair practically every colour you could imagine. I have had my hair dyed red for the last 2 years, and with the same cut, bar the fringe being put back in, which is a record for me, so I must be happy with it :) Here I am:

At its most vibrant
    292619_10150702274366485_2081693502_n.jpg

What it usually looks like:

558818_10151107159305988_866568069_n.jpg

However I'm starting to get a bit bored,and as I've had a lot happen to me personally this year, I feel like I need a reinvention. I'm unsure what to do with it, whether it's something on my existing colour/style, or if I want to change colour. All I know is I want the change to be dramatic and noticeable. Here are some ideas I had:

sarahjessicaparkerlongwavyhairstyle.jpg

cos-anna-hendrick-red-hair-mdn-mdn.jpg

I love the hair at its most vibrant but it's only that way for a few weeks. Ideally I'd like to have something that will last at least a month or 6 weeks.

Any ideas or other opinions would be great, if there's something I've not thought of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I think that red in the first pic is beautiful, it sets off your skin tone perfectly.

I have been on the hair colour carousel myself, and I know Pantene are doing a new range of hair products that seal in the shade for longer.

Thats always been a prob with hair dyes, it has a glass like shine for a while, but dulls in between colouring. I use Moroccan oil to give it a bit of gloss for the between times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I know what you mean about the vibrancy. I had my hair orange during the year and it really was only ever the colour I wanted it to be for a week at a time. I change the colour of my hair quite often as well. I've been brown, blonde, white blonde, red, orange, ginger and now I'm a normalish brown with blonde highlights.

I like the SJP style and think it would be a big enough change to what you've got at the moment to do what your looking for.

Best of luck. Post pics of what ever you decided to do.

• First two colours are gorgeous - if you don't mind me asking, what dye did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

First two colours are gorgeous - if you don't mind me asking, what dye did you use?

First one was hairdressers, House of Colour on Abbey street. Second one is Schwarzcopf live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Would you go for a funky bob?! PS your hair is lovely :)

• Advertisement

I couldnt go for a bob! Had one years ago, it drove me insane as it's so curly, I love my long hair, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I went to House of Colour on D'Olier Street before Christmas because, like you, I was sick of my usual reddy-browny hair colour. After three and a half hours I had chocolate brown hair with purple balayage in the ends, and I loved it.

The purple has faded out but the highlights are kinda coppery now, which is pretty cool too. The stylist told me she'd get a brighter, more long-lasting purple the next time, because the bleach would lighten my hair even more. My hair was so dark when she bleached it that time that she couldn't get it completely blonde before the purple was put in.

I love my hair now, the highlights work well with curly hair like mine and yours because they're chunkier than regular highlights; they don't just get lost in the hair. The SJP photo you posted is lovely too, but I liked the purple because it's a bit different to blonde.

Sorry for the essay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

You look stunning in both those pics! The really vibrant red is class, but what you said is your usual hairstyle with the curls is gorgeous too and a lovely colour.
    I'm not too sure about SJP's hair or the other one really. The dark brown or red colours seem to really suit your eyes.
    Sorry I'm not much help for suggestions about cuts or styles, just colour wise I think that both those colours you've shown suit you great, and your curls are lovely.
    Some other posters will probably have some good ideas of cuts/styles.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

I LOVE u with the vibrant red wish i could pull that colour off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I love the red-y colours too, I'm not so keen on the blondes! Do ya mind me asking what products you use? I have curly hair too, and since I moved house it's been so dry, it's driving me crazy.

• Advertisement

dearg lady wrote: »
    I love the red-y colours too, I'm not so keen on the blondes! Do ya mind me asking what products you use? I have curly hair too, and since I moved house it's been so dry, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks! I use Loreal Elvive Colour Shampoo/Conditioner. I don't use any product in my hair, once it's dry I use the same Loreal conditioner as serum (tip I got from my hairdresser!), it keeps it soft!

Also a hot moroccan oil every now and again is good!

Advertisement