Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer movies from laptop to ipad

• 22-12-2012 7:27pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there.

I'd like to transfer short baby movies to an ipad, without itunes. Won't have internet connection where I'm bringing it, and the movies are to settle a distraught child.(He's grand now, that's not saying he will be the same in the future!)

Can it be done?

Many thanks

Beery

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

can it be done with one of those SD card plug in things?

Like one of these, but in whatever version memory card you use : http://dx.com/p/cf-card-reader-for-ipad-ipad-2-81941

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly. Where could I get one of those? Camera shop or would I have to go somewhere like Harvey Norman.Curry's?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't think they will work. They are for taking movies or movies from the iPad, not the other way around. I know the genuine one won't anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

beertons wrote: »
    Hi there.

I'd like to transfer short baby movies to an ipad, without itunes. Won't have internet connection where I'm bringing it, and the movies are to settle a distraught child.(He's grand now, that's not saying he will be the same in the future!)

Can it be done?

Many thanks

Beery

There a few options, some video apps in the App Store will do wifi transfer of files but its slow depending on the size.

If you have Dropbox then here is a suggestion, copy the files to your Dropbox account and then open them on your iPad marking them as favourite. This will store them locally.

Personally I use cinexplayer which has worked well for me, there may be another option to use iexplorer to copy the files to the documents folder without iTunes but I've not investigated that.

The forum is normally active so you'll get lots of suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

You have to convert them to the iPad's native video format (m4v I think). Even iTunes doesn't do this.

You need a seperate app which will convert them to this format & then import them into iTunes.

Not sure what this would be on windows, on mac, I can suggest videodrive or road movies

• Advertisement
Advertisement