If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running SATA Hard drive on USB on Sony Bravia 40" tv

Options
  • 22-12-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have a 40" Sony Bravia TV (Model No. KDL-40EX401).

I can connectan extenrnal hard drive to the tv via the USB connection and it works perfectly. The hard drive is a 60GB Westen Digital (Model no. WD600U017-RTE)

However, I recently purchased a new hard drive for my laptop, took the old SATA 250GB hard drive (model no. MHY2250BH) out of the laptop, bought a 2.5" SATA to USB enclosure and when I connect it up to the tv, it just clicks.

I can connect the hard drive to my laptop and it works fine. So I am thinking the tv doesn't like the SATA interface of the hard drive. Would I be correct? If not, what is the problem here?

Cheers,

Dan.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

danjay wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a 40" Sony Bravia TV (Model No. KDL-40EX401).

I can connectan extenrnal hard drive to the tv via the USB connection and it works perfectly. The hard drive is a 60GB Westen Digital (Model no. WD600U017-RTE)

However, I recently purchased a new hard drive for my laptop, took the old SATA 250GB hard drive (model no. MHY2250BH) out of the laptop, bought a 2.5" SATA to USB enclosure and when I connect it up to the tv, it just clicks.

I can connect the hard drive to my laptop and it works fine. So I am thinking the tv doesn't like the SATA interface of the hard drive. Would I be correct? If not, what is the problem here?

Cheers,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

To be honest I'm not to sure. Have had a look online and can't see any info on this.

Best bet is to probably get in contact with Sony directly. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

Hope you get this resolved.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.