Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House break-ins Tullamore. Park Avenue & Arden View

• 22-12-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭

House broken into in Park Avenue Tullamore in the last 2 days. Behind O'Connor Park.

Back door damaged and forced in. Anyone got any remotely useful info on suspicious activities / vehicles, or other break-ins, just PM me. Or add non-litigious info here also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

I know cars in the ball-alley car park had their windows broken when parked overnight. It was happening around October /November. Not sure if it is still an ongoing problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

You've got to be very thankful for the Gardaí when they manage something difficult and successful like this:-
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-due-in-court-in-connection-with-offaly-burglary-584603.html Burglary has one of the worst detection stats. Be it due to the lack of resources thrown at it or due to the difficulty regarding physical evidence.

Let's hope the judiciary now do their job by the people of Tullamore and the Midlands. Particularly from a social justice point of view, to give old folk the message they need, that THEY MATTER. Recent cases in the last year under Judge Staines and another guy in Portlaoise have been less than pleasing. There is only one innocent party when a crime is committed.

Hopefully some of you will take note of the heroism of this Garda in Mountmellick recently http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local/be-vigilant-of-high-powered-cars-1-4780387 It stands as a reminder before we cast judgement on all of them for the thuggish treatment of Clare Daly TD by the Gardaí of Kilmainham station. I was bred Republican and anti the heavy gang but without the Gardaí, we would be lost. We would be a shadow of the country and society that we still, thankfully, are.

It now remains to be seen whether the judiciary will add to the sapping of morale of the Gardaí. Or back them up when its needed. F**king soul-less promoted solicitors, that's all most judges are. Not brehons....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Multiple break-ins around Tullamore over the last few days.

Dirtbags scouting around Ballydaly Tullamore today just before noon. Shortly after a house burgled in Ballydaly, then Kilmurray, possibly Kilclonfert too. I hear more were done in Chancery Park,

Doubt if I can post a description here but by all means PM if you want. The Gardaí received the same description and have been at the burgled house and are doing all they can.

I pray to God one of these fools steps into our yard when I am there. It will be a long visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Ri Rua could you please pm me a description, am in the ballydaly area myself and have received "suspicious activity" texts from residents association but would like to know what to look out for. Again, god love them crossing our property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

TBH its the court thats a joke. A scumbag up for burglary with the likes of 20 previous convictions, and he gets a small fine and a six month suspended sentance because, his solicitor says, he was having relationship trouble and has stopped drinkin nearly two weeks now. I know the prisons are packed but jesus, his victims have to live with fear for years.
    Ri Rua, Durrow have a community alert sending out texts, might be no harm all the community alerts keeping in touch, if its not happening already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi,

I spotted this article on TheJournal.ie iPad app:
    Four teens arrested in operation targeting burglary gangs

The arrests were made in Tullamore, Co Offaly.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/burglary-arrests-tullamore-offaly-891543-Apr2013/

Sent from my iPad

Advertisement