Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers with attitude

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Reati wrote: »
    So this is number 3 in the nasty attitude count I've had over the week since coming back to visit for xmas. It really doesn't surprise me when I meet people I grew up with in Carlow say to me "Carlow is dying a death" & "No one wants to shop here anymore".

Not surprised tbh. I dont have problems with hairdressers, just people working in shops in general, because for my lunchtimes I am avoiding Supervalu because there is someone who works at the counter with an attitude on here, and I made up my mind not to go there anymore when she made me feel stupid for not knowing what cashback was. First time i have ever heard of that phrase and what it meant when involving visa cards, and she got all annoyed with me, I remember thinking "Jesus, take it easy".

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I've a story about a local barber for you all. I actually assume it's the same barber OP is referring too. Although I can't be sure, as everyone in the shop that day were customers, and I didn't notice a sign. Could be wrong however.

*EDIT* - Sorry for the essay! Got a little carried away :O

I went into the barber shop across the road from the Library (Beside Cafe Roma) for a cut before work around Christmas. My hair is fairly long, and I was looking to get it tided up, and shortened quite a bit.
    Sat down, two people waiting before me, and one in the chair just finished. I wasn't in a major rush, and knew the two ahead of me wouldn't take too long.
    About 15-20 mins in, another guy had come in, and I was meant to be up next. To my shock, as I got up to sit into the chair, he said "I'm taking this lad first" - This guy wasn't a regular, I assume, as he didn't even say a word to him. I asked him why, and I was given the answer "Your hair is longer"
    Thought that was a bit stupid, but I let it go, as I wanted to get the hair chopped and get to work on time. So a few mins later, finally, I'm up.
    I explain to him what I wanted. I've given the same description to barbers in Carlow and even hairdressers in the salon across the road and I've gotten what I asked for everytime.
    However, he then said in quite a ignorant toon, "How much do you want off, I can't read your mind"
    So I litterer took my hand, and showed him how much to take off on each section of my head.
    So I assumed, there's no way he can f**k this up now. I was wrong.
    He began by washing my hair, which was grand, I guess, although it was extremely uncomfortable. The way he was doing it was just odd. He didn't turn the chair around, but rather, bent your entire body, so your head just about gets over the sink. He then managed to get a load of the water all over my shirt, that I now had to go to work in.
    He went on, and started cutting away. About mid way through what he classed as a haircut, he took a call. I wouldn't be annoyed by this, if he stopped cutting my hair, and just took the call. Nope, not at all, went on cutting with one hand on the mobile phone, and another on the scissors. Ridiculous.
    In total the haircut took about 10 mins. When he said, "How, that's €13 please." I was actually shocked. He more a less cut the sides of my hair, and just decided that'll do. Not only that, but he decided to wash my hair again, just before he stopped, and didn't dry it. He took the hair dryer out for a few seconds, but again, seemed like he decided that'll do.
    I didn't have time to argue, or tell him to actually cut my hair, so I just paid and left.
    I walked out of the shop, with more a less the same amount of hair I walked in with, just a little less on the side, looking like a idiot, and not only that, he had left my hair close to dripping wet.
    I was in no way ignorant to this guy. I have no idea why he just decided to we a complete wanker, but he really wasn't happy with me. I can understand that I have long hair, and that takes a bit longer, but no reason to charge me full, cut a bit of my hair and then send me packing with soaking hair. (No joke, one of the girls asked me was it raining outside when I walked in because my hair was so wet)
    I will never set another foot into that barber. Honestly the worst service I've ever gotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Mister Man wrote: »
    I've a story about a local barber for you all. I actually assume it's the same barber OP is referring too. Although I can't be sure, as everyone in the shop that day were customers, and I didn't notice a sign. Could be wrong however.

I went into the barber shop across the road from the Library (Beside Cafe Roma) for a cut before work around Christmas. My hair is fairly long, and I was looking to get it tided up, and shortened quite a bit.
    Sat down, two people waiting before me, and one in the chair just finished. I wasn't in a major rush, and knew the two ahead of me wouldn't take too long.
    About 15-20 mins in, another guy had come in, and I was meant to be up next. To my shock, as I got up to sit into the chair, he said "I'm taking this lad first" - This guy wasn't a regular, I assume, as he didn't even say a word to him. I asked him why, and I was given the answer "Your hair is longer"
    Thought that was a bit stupid, but I let it go, as I wanted to get the hair chopped and get to work on time. So a few mins later, finally, I'm up.
    I explain to him what I wanted. I've given the same description to barbers in Carlow and even hairdressers in the salon across the road and I've gotten what I asked for everytime.
    However, he then said in quite a ignorant toon, "How much do you want off, I can't read your mind"
    So I litterer took my hand, and showed him how much to take off on each section of my head.
    He began by washing my hair, which was grand, I guess, although it was extremely uncomfortable. The way he was doing it was just odd. He didn't turn the chair around, but rather, bent your entire body, so your head just about gets over the sink. He then managed to get a load of the water all over my shirt, that I now had to go to work in.
    He went on, and started cutting away. About mid way through what he classed as a haircut, he took a call. I wouldn't be annoyed by this, if he stopped cutting my hair, and just took the call. Nope, not at all, went on cutting with one hand on the mobile phone, and another on the scissors. Ridiculous.
    In total the haircut took about 10 mins. When he said, "How, that's €13 please." I was actually shocked. He more a less cut the sides of my hair, and just decided that'll do. Not only that, but he decided to wash my hair again, just before he stopped, and didn't dry it. He took the hair dryer out for a few seconds, but again, seemed like he decided that'll do.
    I didn't have time to argue, or tell him to actually cut my hair, so I just paid and left.
    I walked out of the shop, with more a less the same amount of hair I walked in with, just a little less on the side, looking like a idiot, and not only that, he had left my hair close to dripping wet.
    I was in no way ignorant to this guy. I have no idea why he just decided to we a complete wanker, but he really wasn't happy with me. I can understand that I have long hair, and that takes a bit longer, but no reason to charge me full, cut a bit of my hair and then send me packing with soaking hair. (No joke, one of the girls asked me was it raining outside when I walked in because my hair was so wet)
    I will never set another foot into that barber. Honestly the worst service I've ever gotten!

Tried that guy once and never went back, too dear, too slow. There's a reason why there is rarely any one in there. I can get the same cut in the one opposite Reddys for a fiver and Tara and the girls there are much nicer and friendlier. (Nicer on the eye too);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Mister Man wrote: »

I have gone to this lad since he opened and always found him good ontill last week his price is gone up by 3euro and the cut was the worst i ever got plus he was so rude to my child who needed to use the loo i wont be back in there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

(guy on tullow st upper)
    I was buying a voucher for someone for christmas. Standard haircut & wet shave.
    So i asked the GF to pick it up when she was up town.
    She got it ok, but he charged €30. Thats right €30.

How much is a haircut? The most i've seen it is €12, and say another €12/€13 for the shave.
    i got the same voucher last year, and it was €25.
    I went to that guy twice before, when he opened, and didn't have a problem with the haircut (the attitude was a different story), but the tales i'm hearing on here ensure i will never be back in his door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement