Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaggia p/f handle!

• 22-12-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Disaster!!

My p/f handle on my Gaggia Classic has just snapped!:eek:

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where I would still be able to pick one up before Christmas?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'd try Kennilworth, I got some parts from Watermark yesterday and it seemed like they were closing up until the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I've been through a few over the years. I don't know whether I'm overly rough with it, although it seems unlikely given that it's designed to be whacked off hard things like a knock box and levered hard to lock it in place in the machine.

What I find is that I get 6-12 months out of a new one before the handle starts to wiggle a little with some give where there shouldn't be any give. Give it another few months and the plastic is officially broken, but it normally holds out in this state for a long time. I've had them break off entirely. The good news (if you don't get a replacement this weekend) is that you can still use the metal element which is the main functional part - just make sure to let it cool down before you use your bare hands to loosed it and take it out of the machine.

z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Since I have the camera out, here's a photo of the current zag household portafiler showing the mostly broken state. It's been like this for months.

Here's a link showing the metal bit from the inside http://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/cleaning-disassembled-gaggia-portafilter-t18706.html. Once you can lever this on and off you don't technically need the plastic bit, although it does stop you getting burnt hands.

z

Advertisement