Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlicenced taxi firms.

Options
  • 22-12-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Foxrock taxis : Are no longer a licenced taxi firm,

Licence No.: DH12032
    Company Name: DUBLIN TAXI CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD T/A FOXROCK T
    Licence Status: LAPSED
    Licence Expiry Date: 16/12/2012
    Contact Name: DUBLIN TAXI CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD T/A FOXROCK T

You wouldn't use an unlicenced taxi,so don't use an unlicenced taxi firm.

If you need a cab in that area ,try : Network taxis,

:Dalkey taxis

:VIP taxis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In fairness, it has only lapsed by 6 days. And this is a crazy time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

antipuker wrote: »

Rival taxi firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Aren't individual drivers licenced by the taxi regulator though?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,367 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Aren't individual drivers licenced by the taxi regulator though?
    Both are required to be licensed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

antipuker can I ask why you decided to post this infomation. A licence that has finished 6 days ago and now into Christmas it may not be the taxi firms fault they can't have it renewed. I'm sure the licence firm take around 2 weeks off for Christmas etc.

Would you be a owner/work of one of the other compnays you posted about and trying to get more business by giving a company a bad name or just a very concerend customer who used the company?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Didnt think boards allowed posters to advertise companys ?
    I stand corrected of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

To those saying its only 6 days, they had plenty of time before the licence expired to have it renewed in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

That's a dispatcher's licence, which plenty of taxi firms don't have in the first place.

http://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/check-if-a-taxi-driver-is-properly-licensed/

If you have time to got through the list you will discover there is less than one hundred firms in the country that have ever had a dispatch licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,367 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where is this information coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 antipuker

Victor wrote: »
    Where is this information coming from?

http://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/

The annual licence is €250 ,not a lot for a firm with a t/over of ,say €300,000 P/A .

A taxi drivers annual licence is €125.00,it goes up to €500.00 if he/she is even a day late,in a dispatch firm there are no such penalties it seems.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    antipuker can I ask why you decided to post this infomation. A licence that has finished 6 days ago and now into Christmas it may not be the taxi firms fault they can't have it renewed. I'm sure the licence firm take around 2 weeks off for Christmas etc.

Would you be a owner/work of one of the other compnays you posted about and trying to get more business by giving a company a bad name or just a very concerend customer who used the company?
    None of the above,but I'm a firm believer in fairness,I only quoted those other cab firms because they're the only one's who spring to mind,if you know others who could pick up the slack over Christmas please feel free to post their details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Do you regularly peruse the listings? I look forward to your future updates every time a company lets their license lapse.
    thatd be fair, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 acousticguy

Doubt he will. It's funny when fairness suits an individual. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78641654&postcount=86

So he's a taxi driver himself who most likely prob works for one the places he mentioned and he's giving out about another company. Either a rival or maybe he used to work for them and was let go.

Yawns wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78641654&postcount=86

So he's a taxi driver himself who most likely prob works for one the places he mentioned and he's giving out about another company. Either a rival or maybe he used to work for them and was let go.

A wrong assumption, but nice try,Do you think it's OK to have unlicenced firms
    operating with impunity against licenced firms? or should the Taxi directorate be allowed continue to turn a blind eye, whilst drawing a handsome salary and pension ?

Do you regularly peruse the listings? I look forward to your future updates every time a company lets their license lapse.
    thatd be fair, right?

I agree with you,if I come across some company willing to compete on an uneven playing field you'll be the first to know.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Mon 08 Aug 2011
    Taxi regulator clamping down on licences
    THE TAXI Regulation Directorate has begun a clampdown on unlicensed taxi companies operating in Ireland.

It is likely there will be prosecutions against unlicensed taxi dispatch operators over the coming months following the deployment of extra staff to the directorate’s compliance section.

A bit slow eh ?

Mon 08 Aug 2011
    Taxi regulator clamping down on licences
    THE TAXI Regulation Directorate has begun a clampdown on unlicensed taxi companies operating in Ireland.

It is likely there will be prosecutions against unlicensed taxi dispatch operators over the coming months following the deployment of extra staff to the directorate’s compliance section.

A bit slow eh ?

http://www.hoc.ie/taxi-regulator-clamping-down-on-licences/ full article

Maybe I'm reading into this but does being an "antipuker" mean you are against people puking in yer cab :P Just food for thought. I still think your a taxidriver.

• Advertisement

A wrong assumption, but nice try

http://puu.sh/1GlqO And a liar to, you are a taxidriver :) Your bias is shining brightly here.

http://puu.sh/1GlqO And a liar to, you are a taxidriver :) Your bias is shining brightly here.
    Taximan,there's a difference......what did you bias for Christmas ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Taximan,there's a difference......

What's the difference, exactly?

AltAccount wrote: »
    What's the difference, exactly?

Experience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Experience!!

The difference between a Taxi driver and a Taxi man is experience?

Am I missing something?

He's caught in a lie trying to weasel out. :) This thread is done lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paul OB1 Kenobi.

Contact Name: DUBLIN TAXI CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD T/A FOXROCK TInc

Incorrect Information. FT licence 16/12/2011- 16/12/2013. Call NTA to verify

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Dunno about DH12032 they don't show and neither can I see a reference number relating to the company name cited.

What did amuse me though is this one

Licence No.: DH12342
    Company Name: QUICK BITES LIMITED
    Licence Status: ACTIVE
    Licence Expiry Date: 12/10/2013
    Contact Name: FERGUS O BRIEN/ GARY KERINS

Happens to relate to Dial A Cab AFAIK also known in local circles as starving Cabs on account of their phone number 808080 or ate nothing ate nothing ate nothing. regardless of whether that's true how/why do you name a taxi dispatch firm as Quick Bites Ltd?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Dunno about DH12032 they don't show and neither can I see a reference number relating to the company name cited.

What did amuse me though is this one

Licence No.: DH12342
    Company Name: QUICK BITES LIMITED
    Licence Status: ACTIVE
    Licence Expiry Date: 12/10/2013
    Contact Name: FERGUS O BRIEN/ GARY KERINS

Happens to relate to Dial A Cab AFAIK also known in local circles as starving Cabs on account of their phone number 808080 or ate nothing ate nothing ate nothing. regardless of whether that's true how/why do you name a taxi dispatch firm as Quick Bites Ltd?

For years there was companies who set up companies and sold them to those who didn't want the rigmarole of setting one up themselves. These off the shelf companies tend to have rather wacky names like this one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

For years there was companies who set up companies and sold them to those who didn't want the rigmarole of setting one up themselves. These off the shelf companies tend to have rather wacky names like this one :)

Still are. Tax assist accountants or whatever their name is do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement