Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Windows 7 Home Premium Key/DVD

Options
  • 22-12-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Guys, not sure if this correct forum to post this.
    My friend wants me to install Windows 7 on his Quad core Machine(currently it has Win vista).He does not want windows 8.
    I can download official win Home Premium iso from digital rivers site. but then I need to buy key from some where.... but where?

microsoft site is selling only Windows 8 :D ...and I could not find where I can buy a genuine key at reasonable price win 7. there are plenty sites selling claiming they are selling genuine keys, but I am bit skeptical to buy from such.
    this one: http://www.win7productkeys.org/
    Other place I see is Argos is selling DVD for €129, while win 8 price is only €60.

I was wondering, if I can buy genuine key at reasonable price from some other vendors without buying DVD. As i dnt dvd, I just need genuine key.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There is no reasonable price, they're pretty flat no matter where you get it.

Windows 8 is super cheap as there's no way anyone else would buy it otherwise.

Get it on amazon, have it in a few days, sorted. OR get windows 8 and pay $15 for start8 to make it work like 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ED E wrote: »
    OR get windows 8 and pay $15 for start8 to make it work like 7.
    Only $4.99 actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 greenhouse1234

Thanks guys, I think I ll go for win 8. but pain in the ar*** is missing 'start Menu', new default video player, new image opener, pdf files opening i.e. you open a pdf file, it opens a new screen, you lose whole desktop!! This may be ok in smartPhone or tablet, but for god sake you dnt want to open just a video files on your 21 inch monitor screen, it just scares you! click on image and it opens big size new window! wtf!
    well, user can change properties and change the default opening program, but for some users like my friend, who only knows how to start and open internet explorer, bit overwhelming
    well, I can do most of tweaks like install 'start menu' , change default programs for the most of the file extensions etc. but still I feel with win 8, he ll come back to me later, if he could not install his printer and will say to me 'what have you done to my PC'!! LOL!
    I used myself win 8 for a week and went back to win 7 immediately there is so much hassle for installing drivers-you cannot install a driver which is not digitally signed, programs not running, file permissions problems etc.
    I think microsoft dnt understand that tablet, smart phone, laptop, PCs etc are all different and users use them in different ways and for different reasons.
    I feel 'win 8' is another 'win vista', destined to fail, just my thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'v been running windows 8 pro for about six weeks now(got it for 14.99) it's not that bad. I installed Start8 so, I don't even need to deal with metro and it gives me a few tweaks I didn't have before. I've had no trouble installing drivers or software. I do like the new storage feature in 8. I've made a lot of use of that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7R6fU0Tn6g&list=UUjTCFFq605uuq4YN4VmhkBA&index=12 Start it at 2:40

Advertisement