Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint bullet in woodies

• 23-12-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all,

I purchased this today but the paint comes out blotchy. I read the i structions about thinning down the paint with water. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Im using matt paint for interior walls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Did you prepare the Walls properly by cleaning them down with something like Sugar soap. Achieving a good paintwork finish is more about preparation than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Bring it back and buy a roller. Its blotchy because its a crap spray machine, if you could call it that.

If its too good too be true...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Best way to paint a room and ceiling is with a good quality roller and extension pole and with a good quality paint brush for cutting in.

Bring the paint bullet back and get your money back.....as it will only cost you in the end and will give you nothing but grief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I purchased this today but the paint comes out blotchy. I read the i structions about thinning down the paint with water. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Im using matt paint for interior walls

Bring the piece of junk back and get your money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I have a similar one of those devices and even for painting garden furniture it is crap... you really need to thin the paint down to get any use but this means it takes so many coats, it drips after spraying for a while so paint goes anywhere. Compressor and spray gun combo is so much better but still not recommended for inside use unless you have no furniture in the room and have breathing equipment.

Stick with a good quality roller and it will be done just as quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

paddy147 wrote: »
    Best way to paint a room and ceiling is with a good quality roller and extension pole and with a good quality paint brush for cutting in.

Bring the paint bullet back and get your money back.....as it will only cost you in the end and will give you nothing but grief.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

That Paint Bullet is a €10 spraygun backed up with a multi-million marketing campaign!

For normal domestic use, roller + brush as others have posted.

If you wanna get a spraygun for domestic use, get a HVLP unit, e.g. apollo Spraymaster 1200. TBH it won't save you much time if you're only doing a room or two - although it is more fun to use!

Advertisement