Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company sponsorship issue

Options
  • 23-12-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I have a $1k ambulance bill from several months ago which I didn't/couldn't pay. Will this effect an application for a 457 visa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Who is the money owed to?
    The Australian government (ie Dept of Health) or a private paramedic company.

If its the government, I'm pretty sure you are asked if you owe money on the form. I doubt declaring it would prevent a 457, but you'd might be made to pay it off.
    If its a private company then it won't affect a visa - but I don't know if any bills are actually handled by private companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Thanks for your response Mellor & apologies for the delay in getting back to you!
    I didn't even realise there are private ambulance companies. From memory it was Ambulance Victoria. They're government correct? They seem to have passed the debt onto a debt collection agency now too!
    I'm just worried it'll cause problems when my company applies for the 457.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Best thing to do is make contact with them and sort out some sort of payment plan . Even only a $ a month that way your making the effort.

Advertisement