Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcohan Dog Track operating at loss

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Dissappointed to hear that the dog track is losing 180,000 euro annually.

Always enjoy a night out there - ( even without backing a winner )

The financial report is here :
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/545775-igb-waterford-2011-track-accounts.html

Anytime i go out there im always operating at a loss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

To be honest, it does not surprise me, had a bad experience there, with a group night, after paying a lot of money. We enjoyed the whole dog track part but the resturant and food left a lot to be desired so much so after the worst customer sevice experience, decided that was that, which is a shame because i can see the draw of it and enjoyed the whole dog side of it. I am all for keeping it local but bussiness need to value their customers a little bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A few interesting points are :
    • Salaries/wages increased by €40,000 from 2010 to 2011, even though the number of employees remained the same at 11 .
    • The bar was one of the only profitable areas with € 11,000 +
    • Bar and Restaurants Concessions were reduced by €30,000 in 2011
    • Waterford Council are taking € 32,000 in rates

There is no mention of the Tote , where most of the money is receipted to .

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

The place is excuse the expression 'gone to the dogs'. They spent a lot of money renovating the upstairs area about 4 years ago and it looked lovely compared to what it used to be.

They make a killing around Communion and Confirmation time because its the only place you can have kids in a bar area so late (I think it's 10.00-10.30). Anytime there is any of those events on its packed, then you have fundraisers which always brings people in, as well as Christmas parties but from what I hear now its hardly busy at all.

I used to work there for a good while between pre and post renovations. A catering group took over the restaurant and the bar from the IGB but from what I can recall they just drove it into the ground.

Favorite memory was when they accused the bar staff of robbing vodka (their systems worked by the English measurements 25ml instead of the Irish 35.5ml) so as far as stock was concerned there was a lot of vodka going missing, but really they just had their system wrong. You would think they would apologise after interrogating us individually. </rant>

Advertisement