Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC beeping issue on powercut?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

This is happening right now! Any insomniac alarm experts up?

The storm has knocked out the power and now our HKC alarm says panel mains fault - I can silence it by entering our code but it just starts beeping again ten mins later.

- Cant sleep and am tempted to attack it with a nearby hammer... It's driving me insane, how do you properly silence these in a power cut???

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Its supposed to beep on main power loss though I dont recall one going off again so soon, maybe HKCs do. If your really stuck you can crack open the keypad and turn down the beep volume resistor. The alarm will go off but can be silenced.

edit. By crack i mean open properly not hit! then replace lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Its supposed to beep on main power loss though I dont recall one going off again so soon, maybe HKCs do. If your really stuck you can crack open the keypad and turn down the beep volume resistor. The alarm will go off but can be silenced.

edit. By crack i mean open properly not hit! then replace lid.

Thanks dotsie, seems like a dumb system...... HKC haven't allowed for user intervention in the case of genuine power cuts?

- I did open panel in last house in lived in, there's a spring loaded gotcha switch in there isn't there?

Might be hammer time......

Fcuking thing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It should really only alert you the once. It wasn't a case of the power coming & going was it?
    The only other way to change these alerts is in engineer mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

+1 it shouldn't keep beeping unless the power tried to come back on . Are you sure it's a HKC and not a Ge simon eircom phonewatch alarm ?

Advertisement