Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What dinosaur meat would taste better?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Archaeopteryx, tastes like.. chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Two of my favourite subjects in one thread. Paleontology and Food. I can't lose :D

Next, what spirits could be distilled from Cretaceous plants. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Imagine the thighs on Deinocheirus.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand is it not usually the case that Herbivores taste better than their carnivorous cousins. As for T-Rex burgers, being scavangers and all, I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Fred Flintstone used to eat brontosaurus steak so if it's good enough for Fred, it's good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It would depend on their diet

At least it would be free range

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

velociraptor, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Crocodiles apparently taste somewhat like fish, so I'm guessing spinosaurs would taste similar?

According to what I've read, eating meat from predators that are high in the food chain is dangerous as they concentrate most of the toxins of the ecosystem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Oh here it begins...

"Which dinosaur would be the best shag?"

• Advertisement

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Oh here it begins...

Stegosaurus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I read somewhere recently (dont ask me where exactly, I think it was a new scientist mag in the doctors waiting room or the like) anyway it has been speculated that one of the major reasons for the survival of any species after the CT event was that smaller mammals had an over whelming abundance of bar b cued dinosaur meat to feed on. They were smaller mammals who were able to store the meat underground before the sun was blocked out and the world froze. I guess we evolved from these mammals so you could postulate that we wouldnt be here if it wasnt for dinosaur meat!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Oh here it begins...

I would have said T Rex myself Loud, nasty and a major predator. Pretty much like my ex only more loveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Whatever about the meat, presumably the eggs would be palatable.

All that being said I don´t want to imagine the size of the tapeworms you could get from eating badly cooked dinosaur meat...

Who am I kidding? I do want to imagine :pac:

IIRC the biggest tapeworms measured 30 feet and were found in sperm whales.

After googling I see the record in a human is 37 feet! :eek:

Galvasean wrote: »
    IIRC the biggest tapeworms measured 30 feet and were found in sperm whales.

After googling I see the record in a human is 37 feet! :eek:

Actually, sperm whale tapeworms are monsters up to 120 feet...

Imagine what would be living in a T-Rex or Giganotosaurus gut, let alone an Amphicoelias...

Advertisement