Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Rent house for 3 days - Doesn't matter where

Options
  • 23-12-2012 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a house to rent for 3 days. We need a place to play music for a few days. We're all medical students, if that is any indication of our inclination to not trash the place. Naturally we need a detached house, not that we'll be playing especially loud, as the singer is not miked up and so will need to be able to be heard over the other instruments, but the sessions will go on well into the night and we don't want to disturb neighbours etc. We are non smokers.

Can anyone suggest how we might go about finding such a place? A holiday home would be ideal, but generally they are for rent for a week minimum. We'd need somewhere for four people to sleep. Carpeted floor and sleeping bag may suffice.

The location of the place does not matter, as we just need the house and not a local swimming pool or night club or anything. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

This place do three night rentals and sleeps six. Doesn't have anyone close enough to complain except their other cabin which was empty when I went so noise shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.lakeshorelogchalet.com/gallery-page.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Another option might be airbnb.com Select 'entire house/apartment' filter in your search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Yillan wrote: »
    ... We're all medical students, if that is any indication of our inclination to not trash the place. ...
    Er, you might find some people might draw the opposite conclusion!
    I recall trying to organise weekends away for small groups in college and having the phone basically hung up on me more than once as soon as the word 'students' was mentioned.
    Of course, these days, holiday home owners may be a bit less fussy where the money's coming from.

Advertisement