Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchscreen gloves?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Where's the best deal on good touchscreen gloves, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Would get a better response in the requests forum.
    Did see them in heatons for about €5 though

Here we go
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Touch-Screen-Glove/275098/3002000000. €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Excellent, thanks, matchthis, I'll be in Heatons for something else anyway.

(Sorry - was looking for a requests forum and didn't see it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

2 quid in Penny's at the Jervis, absolutely perfect :) not sure whether they have many left so ring up before you travel in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

I got some in carrolls (the tourist shop) for 3 quid,and they had bigger more insulated ones for 4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Excellent, thanks, matchthis, I'll be in Heatons for something else anyway.

(Sorry - was looking for a requests forum and didn't see it.)

Its the next forum down ;)

Moved to requests

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Pennys for 2 euro

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Davy wrote: »
    Its the next forum down ;)

Moved to requests

Thanks!

Sold out in Heaton's, Penneys hadn't heard of them, sold out in Aldi.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I got a pair in Deals last week :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    I got a pair in Deals last week :)

Where's Deals?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Where's Deals?
    Well Dealz.. http://www.dealz.ie/store-finder/
    For the record I fond mine in Waterfords one

Ah, thanks, in Talbot Street and Henry Street in Dublin. Will take a looksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

They were sold out in HMV and Heatons. Penny's had never heard of them. I eventually got them in Pamela Scott of all places! €12.99 The next day they were the Thursday special in Aldi for €2.99 :( the very same ones. Unlikely there'll be any left at this stage though

On Christmas Eve I went to Dealz (only tiny stretchy ones), Carrolls in Henry Street and O'Connell Street (ditto), 3 men's shops in Clery's, plus DID there (none) and women's shop (adorable women's ones with fur around wrist), American Apparel (wrong size), CompuB (wrong size), HMV, and finally got them in Muji, dear but really nice gloves at a size that fits men, proper warm gloves and touchscreen too. "They're like magic!" said happy giftee.

Experienced the dismissive attitude that's now part of the Irish persona from many, very kind help from eastern and western Europeans including barely-English-speaking but kind security man in Carrolls in Henry Street, nice woman, French, I think, upstairs in American Apparel, people who helpfully suggested other places in CompuB and HMV, and lovely people in Muji.

What is it with the attitude of Irish people in shops nowadays? And not just in shops. There's considerable ahfeckoffsoness in the Irish self-presentation of the 1980s onwards, whereas it used to be that the go-to Irish attitude was "can I help you? can I go the extra mile? if I can't help you, can I bring you to the person who can?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Pennys, best bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

whereas it used to be that the go-to Irish attitude was "can I help you? can I go the extra mile? if I can't help you, can I bring you to the person who can?"

tbh, in general, I don't ever remember Irish retail staff having that attitude. That sounds like more of an American thing. As a general rule the Irish are a surly bunch when it comes to customer service. There are exceptions of course like any walk of life

jmorrisey wrote: »
    tbh, in general, I don't ever remember Irish retail staff having that attitude. That sounds like more of an American thing. As a general rule the Irish are a surly bunch when it comes to customer service. There are exceptions of course like any walk of life

The Celtic Tiger killed the kindness. Before that, a job was what you earned your money from, and you liked people; after that, you considered yourself above service work, and treated customers with the contempt your personal sense of entitlement mandated.

Advertisement