Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun: WTF Were They Thinking Award

Options
  • 23-12-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭

Rules
    - A horrible mechanic that ruins a great game, a stupid filler level that adds nothing to a game, or something else that just made you think "WTF?"
    - No more than 3 Nominations per person, please.
    - Game must have been released on or after January 1st 2012 (search for the game on http://www.gamefaqs.com and look at the data tab for a release date).
    - Top 6-8 will go forward for the Vote (exact number dependent on number of nominations received).
    - Voting will take place after the next (final) set of Nominations.
    - The next batch of categories will be posted in a few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Bioware giving into fan over-reaction and releasing a new extended ending for Mass Effect 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Black ops vita . What a missed chance.

EA president - all games have to have multiplayer component. Feck off ya peasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Diablo3 - The Auction House :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The whole WarZ debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Borderlands 2 - cartoony graphics. I have issues killing cartoon charactors, it's just not right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dogfight mode and QTEs in Ace Combat AH. Destroyed the series right there.

Mass Effect 3 ending, Blue, Green, Red. It's not 1998 anymore Bioware.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bioware giving into fan over-reaction and releasing a new extended ending for Mass Effect 3.

I'm going for this one as well.

Also what the hell were they thinking with Resi 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Big time on Res 6. A complete cluster **** of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The whole WarZ debacle.

This! But Kudos to steam for refunding customers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mass effect 3 not just the end but the game itself as a whole :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Resident Evil 6. Went from the best Survival Horror series to awful generic run and gun because as Capcom said "We want it to be like COD because that is what makes money"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Football Manager 2013 purchasable thingies. Where you pay to cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

MOH war Fighter.

EA and no sales on origin etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Complete Lack of a proper Avengers game to captitalise on the success of the movie bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Bioware with extended directors cut issue, the damage was done and trying to appease just ended up making things worse.

Capcom in general, I cant believe 7 years a go I named them the only company going into this generation that got me excited with what they were developing. They are now probably the most antiquated company in the industry.

EDIT: Changing my third nomination

NAMING EA as the worse company in the USA. quite frankly the worse knee jerk reaction to spilt milk I ever saw from the gaming community against a company that in my opinion had improved ten fold since the dark days of ultima 9 and the gutting of westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Either the last final fantasy or announcing the next final fantasy. Actually Squareenix the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The whole WarZ debacle.

This is my vote too. Unbelievable!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco. In general really. Bioware, the fans, everyone.

EA being voted worst company in the US. Ludicrous response to the above 'controversy'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement