Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Jennings

Options
  • 23-12-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Pat Jennings being interviewed on RTE Choice at the moment. My absolute hero as a child. Only went to the Gooners when Spurs kicked him out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

WHL wrote: »
    Pat Jennings being interviewed on RTE Choice at the moment. My absolute hero as a child. Only went to the Gooners when Spurs kicked him out

A proper legend. Met him a couple of times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I met him at a match v Norn Iron in the old Lansdowne Road. Real gentleman. He described on the radio programme how he was told that he wasn't wanted anymore and to come in and collect his things. He said that there were some directors walking around and they ignored him. Sad. Of course, he came back as a goalkeeping coach in later years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Interesting fact. When I was about 14 years old my mates dad bought a merc for use as a hackney that used to belong to Pat Jennings.

True story.

Advertisement