Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eQSL?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

I am loving this.

OK some background.....

I'm off work at the minute due to disability, so finances are tight.

I haven't joined the RSGB for the bureau as it costs money.

eQSL is free, (OK they'll let you fancy up your eQSL images for a few pennies of a donation)

other good points?

its as quick as the other person filling in the form online. I've had eQSLS before the QSO finished!

they do certificates for worked all states, 25 countries, 100 countries etc....

downside?

folks in the states have LOTW so the % of US stations using eQSL is lower than the rest of the world, and it might be my imagination, but it LOOKS TO ME that CW users aren't so into eQSL...... my SSB contacts have a higher % return than CW (so far anyway)

I'm a fan. any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'm pathetic and have given up printing cards or using eQSL, I do warn people though!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

I am loving this.

OK some background.....

I'm off work at the minute due to disability, so finances are tight.

I haven't joined the RSGB for the bureau as it costs money.

eQSL is free, (OK they'll let you fancy up your eQSL images for a few pennies of a donation)

other good points?

its as quick as the other person filling in the form online. I've had eQSLS before the QSO finished!

they do certificates for worked all states, 25 countries, 100 countries etc....

downside?

folks in the states have LOTW so the % of US stations using eQSL is lower than the rest of the world, and it might be my imagination, but it LOOKS TO ME that CW users aren't so into eQSL...... my SSB contacts have a higher % return than CW (so far anyway)

I'm a fan. any others?

I'm on eqsl and LOTW and HRD LOG and if requested upload my log to qrz.com

I only use paper if the other op. really needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

Since I got my licence recently I gave up sending/receiving paper qsl cards. I have boxes of them from my years on 11m, and that is enough. I find E-QSL/Hamlog/HRD are great for a paperless station.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Shpongler wrote: »
    Since I got my licence recently I gave up sending/receiving paper qsl cards. I have boxes of them from my years on 11m, and that is enough. I find E-QSL/Hamlog/HRD are great for a paperless station.

much the same here

sign up for LOTW , can be a little difficult to set up, but it is the only one that's verified

even though I might never claim them I am trying for different awards

(you don't have to be a member of ARRL to use the service.)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

and have a happy new years to all the cber's out there you will get my 2013 qsl card very soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement