Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea vs Man Utd KO 1:30 SS1. Mod not #307

• 23-12-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Mod warning http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82356117&postcount=307
    On Sunday, Manchester United will make a daunting trip to Wales to face Michael Laudrup’s Swansea City side.

The Red Devils come into this game having won their last five Premier League outings, with the latest victory coming against a mediocre Sunderland team last weekend.

Swansea on the other hand, will be looking to avoid three straight defeats after going down against the likes Tottenham Hotspurs and Norwich City in the last two weeks.

Team News

Swansea could welcome back goalkeeper Michel Vorm, who has been out of action since October, defender Angel Rangel and attacker Pablo Hernandez. Neil Taylor is a long-term absentee, having fractured his ankle in September.

United could start with captain Nemanja Vidic at the heart of the defence after the Serbian came on as a second-half substitute against Sunderland.

Rafael, Luis Nani and Anderson and Shinji Kagawa are, all, however, likely to miss the club’s taxing trip to Wales.

Likely Line-ups:

Swansea-City-v-Manchester-001.jpg

Swansea City-Vorm, Tiendalli, Flores, Williams, Davies, Britton, Ki, de Guzman, Dyer, Michu, Hernandez

Manchester United- De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, van Persie

Player to Watch: Wayne Rooney

After a slow start to the season, England international Wayne Rooney has finally the top gear, having scored three goals in his last two games from his newfound No 10 position.

With Robin van Persie at the helm of the attack, Rooney’s constant supply of ammunition will be vital for the United team and the former Everton youngster will also have the onus of exploiting the defensive weaknesses of Leon Britton and Ki Sung-Yeung.

Prediction: Swansea City 1-3 Manchester United

Manchester United have hit a rich streak of form over the past few weeks and I expect them to wrap up another win this weekend.

The Red Devils’ attacking prowess is bound to trouble Laudrup’s troops, although I do expect the sensational Michu to grab a consolation goal for the home team.

With three games to be played in only seven days, Ferugson will be surely be keen to see his boys sail towards a comfortable win over the Swans on Sunday.

Fun Fact: According to Opta statistics, Manchester United were the only side to have over 50% possession against Swansea both home and away in last season's Premier League (per BBC Sport)

3-1 United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Looking forward to this, first game I'll have seen all weekend. F**k you Ryanair :mad:

I'll be happy with any sort of win.Swansea have been very hit and miss so hopefully they are off their game today as they will cause problems if they turn up in form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Is there any chance - ANY - that we might have a clean sheet today??? Not entirely hopeful.

Though we are scoring goals,so hopefully a win, three points, and re-establish a 6 point lead before Newcastle's visit on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm probably gonna miss this game. :(

I had great plans for it too. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Vorm is a massive boost for swansea.his a good keeper and his distribution is good.utd struggle.draw all over it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Gonne be a tough game imo, 1-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

sfwcork wrote: »
    Vorm is a massive boost for swansea.his a good keeper and his distribution is good.utd struggle.draw all over it

:confused::confused:

Do you know who doesn't give a **** about Vorm?

_62497228_van_persie_getty2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

sfwcork wrote: »
    Don't know, there's one or 2 players in the United attack that may just cancel out the Vorm juggernaut. it'll obviously most likely be futile but I hang onto the hope.

Cue a Brad Friedel style performance from Vorm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Fergie wrote:
    ‘December has already been a hectic month and now we have this run of four games in 10 days — and then the FA Cup begins. That’s quite a programme,’ said Ferguson. ‘Using our pool of players will be important for us.
    ‘It will be a different team every game, absolutely no doubt about that. All the players will be involved, I will definitely be making changes.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pj! wrote: »
    Bebe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

5-2 to United. RVP x2, Rooney x2, Cleverley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I know Michu has been playing up front for Swansea but having not seen many of there games this year, is he usually a lone striker?

Also he is in their named lineup but not the image in the OP but i'd assume if fit Hernandez would start ahead of routledge, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Confirmed MUFC 11: de Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, van Persie.

just kidding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Blatter wrote: »
    Confirmed MUFC 11: de Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, van Persie.

just kidding

Nearly fell for that,Giggs in midfield,nearly died!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Confirmed MUFC 11: de Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, van Persie

cl-int-illusion-new.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Fair play Blatter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not kewl Blatter, now kewl

Giggs set up the winner in this fixture last season, and it is in Wales! He's destined to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

De Gea, Jones, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, Van Persie

Happy with that team. Thankfully Carrick has shrugged off his injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Happy with that side

• Advertisement

Subs, Lindegaard, Giggs, Hernandez, Welbeck, Scholes, Fletcher, Buttner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Fancy Vidic for a goal today. The corner quality has been very good so far this season and Vidic is a beast for attacking them. Evans and Evra have already scored from set pieces. Hopefully the 3/4 of the midfield that have been playing well continue that form and with some luck Valencia will improve that bit that's needed from him in the final 1/3.

3-1 United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Swansea team v Man Utd: Vorm; Tiendalli, Chico, Williams, Davies; Britton, Augustein, De Guzman, Dyer, Routledge; Michu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Smalling not in the squad?

just kidding

Utter, utter tramp!!! :)

Well the good news for everyone is that Michu definitely won't score as I brought him into my FPL team last week, But I honesty see a draw here, perhaps 1-1.

RVP to score a header and Ashley Williams to score from a Corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Swansea win. 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No real cover on the bench if Vidic gets tired or has a relapse. Suppose Jones could move to CB and Buttner could cover at RB if it was really needed.

I love Yorke. But him and Wilkins are very hard to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That f**king toothbrush ad always has me scrambling for my phone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

No real cover on the bench if Vidic gets tired or has a relapse. Suppose Jones could move to CB and Buttner could cover at RB if it was really needed.

its more likely valencia to cover right back,

Michu seems like a really nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

The attacking six is the strongest possible. He's payed Swansea alot of respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

utd 3---1 hope they press swansea deep in there own half, id like anderson fit for today, and a fully fit fletcher

its more likely valencia to cover right back,

True enough, forgot about that option. Carrick could also move to CB if the unthinkable happens.

4-2 United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

3-1 United, after Swansea take the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Score draw

Michu seems like a really nice guy.

The Spanish Frank Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Swansea all over United for the first ten. Come on the Swans!

Great ball, cracking save

• Advertisement

Get in Paddy Evra!!!

Evra you beast!!

EVRA!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Paddy <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Evra goal machine :pac:

Man Paddy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Paddy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

w00t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Patrice Evra and Johny Evans score goals all the time lads.

Swansea all over United for the first ten. Come on the Swans!

Lol

All over? Delusion

• Advertisement
Advertisement